Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

200bhp Easy From An Ss2 But How?

cookci

some bloke once told me that 200BHP was easily acheivable from an st202.

i didn't have one at the time so never asked how but wondering if anyone is pushing 200BHP from theres and how?

There was a guy called Baz who used to post on here - I remember he had his rolled at 191bhp with decat exhaust + filter + lightened flywheel so if you put some cams in aswell maybe modify the head and then get it mapped with a decent ecu you should be looking at 200+......

So in other words its not that easy acheivable!

read my reply to this other dude asking the same question. have u got £4 grand to throw away? http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25136

Toyota made a celica which has more than 200+ as standard. They called it the GT4, gen 6 GT4 ST205's can be modded to 600bhp and will run 11 second quarter miles. no doubt its cheaper to insure a gt4 in stock form than a heavily modded st202..

Mine was dyno'd at 165 at the hubs so with transmission losses that should be 185-190 ish (most people seem to reckon for around 30bhp losses through a front wheel drive) at the flywheel. I reckon I could easily up that another 10 or so as I don't have a decat and by adding something like the Top Fuel spacer should see over 200 at the flywheel no problems. As has been said you could add the HKS cams and cam gears and get over 200 but it won't be cheap.

Mine runs beautifully and gives a 190 a very good run for its money as it is which is why I've not bothered taking it further, and its now for sale to be replaced with something turbo'd.

Other solution would be to buy an SS3 with a Beams engine as they're around 200 as standard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links