Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Like The Mk3

qwertyuiop

I've just seen a black MR2 MK3 parked up, I've never really thought about it before, but they are actually pretty cool cars. Then when I was driving home, a silver one passed me, and it did look impressive in a different kind of way.

They are in another league to them awful MG things. I would buy one over a Mazda MX5 any day of the week and I would also say I prefer them to the BMW Z3.

Recently whilst looking through autotrader etc., I've noticed the prices dropping, some of them now similar in price to later revision MKII's.

On MR2 sites, these cars are some what overlooked in comparison to the earlier models.

Discuss.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darth Paul

• GIDDLEPIN

• mr2nut123

• Chappers

Is this like one of those AA meetings - :lol:

I'm Ben, and I'm a closet Mk3 fan ..

Haha, shut it.

What would you rather have.

1. MK3 or MG (can't remember the name)?... doesn't matter, they're crap anyway.

2. MK3 or Mazda MX5?

3. MK3 or BMW Z3?

However, they should cut the price tag and release a turbo model, it would be like a new MK1. Sort of car you can just rag the crap out of, good stuff.

keep ya eyes for a potential hybrid model ;)

i like the interior and handling on the mk3 but feel its let down on 'GO'

i like the interior and handling on the mk3 but feel its let down on 'GO'

Hence, a turbo model should be introduced. Hell, they pretty much designed the shape on a porsche, they should at least stick an engine in to match up.

Iv'e seen a few custom turbo Spyders.....making some nice power, especially being so light. Only time a spyder appeals to me is if it's kitted.....then there are some mint ones.

I think I'd sooner take a new shape MX5 :unsure:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

If it was the choice between one of the larger engined Z3's I would go with that...however if were talking between the 1.9 Z3 and the Mk3 I would deffo go for the Mk3...hey I have one hahhaaa

The mk3 isn't bad looking at all, although the front lights could be better.

I once parked up next to one and me and my dad both agreed that my mk2 had a nicer, smoother shape and no we weren't being biased. My 17's looked huge compared to the standard mk3 wheels, lol.

yeah thats the only thing that gets me are the lights on the car and the small alloys. once its a turbo with a body kit it starts to look nice tho i gotta admit

put a turbo on those mk3s and you have a boxter rival, albeit for a lot less money

they are lovely things though, agreed.

I used to hate them too, Often whena "new shape" toyota comes out to a shape I like, I dislike it, i.e. new celica, new soarer (SC430).

The Mk3 is seriously growing on me now though.. apartently its like a mk1 in terms of no nonsence and raw to drive.... the look loverly kitted up with the hard top on too!!!!!!

my dads got the mk3 rev 2, gets an lsd and a 6 speed and better rear lights basically. i think its quicker than it feels, the handlings excellent and theres loads of traction. ive driven all three mr2's now and the mk3 is the best drive.

its a good package-weighs under a ton just under 140hp and an LSD!!!

I've been checking out some of the owner reviews on Parkers. I'm surprised at the large number of poor reviews for the mk3 in comparison to the mk2/mk1. They seem to have lots of niggly problems which shouldn't be occuring on new cars such as rattles, flaking/chipped paint and alarm problems.

Mk3 reviews here

Interesting discussion! We're finally being accepted! :D This is my second roadster, and yes, I agree that the stock wheels are too small! B)

Red%202.jpg

DarthSableOSa.jpg

DarthSableNSa.jpg

DarthSableFronta.jpg

DarthSableCaliper1a.jpg

beautiful cars, but the new one has women driving them, where as the mk2 attracts the women ;)

Er, yeah that's right. :rolleyes:

beautiful cars, but the new one has women driving them, where as the mk2 attracts the women ;)

Think you'll find they can also vote now. ;)

We're finally being accepted! :D

Wouldn't go that far ..

It's more like the Mk2'ers ain't accepted in with the Mk1/3 gang .. and us turbo boys are right out :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links