Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla 1.4l D-4d

charliefinnigan

Has anyone yet experienced the New Corolla 1.4l D-4D.

What's it like? What's good about it? Bad? Ugly? Why is it better than anything else out there? Is it?!

Calling all diesel experts!

• 1 year later...

I've just tried a 1.4 D-4D and was most impressed. 30mph + and it seems much faster than even a 1.6 petrol due to the increased torque. Cruising at 70 only 2500 revs. Even at 90 you can't hear the engine 3000 revs.

Very very refined engine probably the quietest diesel I have ever tried and add in the 58mpg average and you can't go wrong.

I have driven both the 5-speed Corolla D4-D, and the 6-speed Mini One D, same engine, different experience.

The MINI felt quicker, and the rev-matching in the gearbox made better sense, paricularly the ratio in 1st was strange on the Corolla, as it was more of an over-rev ratio, rather than a get-started one, if you know what I mean?

The gearchanges was also infinetly better on the Mini compared to than on the Corolla, that felt, well Corolla-ish.

But, given the choice between a 1.6 vvt-i, and a 1.4 D4-D I would not think twice about taking the D4-D, the Yaris with this option seems to mee even better, as it is much lighter.

Have had a 1.4 D4D with MMT for over a year. No problems at all and I enjoy driving it. Very economical with a comfortable ride. Performance for a 1.4 diesel is very good and much improved on my previous 1.9 Citroen diesel.

Have two corolla's in the family mine is a 1.4 petrol and my mom's is a 1.4 D-4D. The disel is very quite we were very impressed and fast comared especially to my old 1.5disel (pug 106). The petrol version is faster in a stright though the disel does pull out faster due to increased torque. They both have an excellent drive. If i had to get another one it would be the disel as it giving about 46mpg where as the petrol only giving 27mpg. Engine is real quite and better then any other disel i have ever driven

I think the small d4d is much smoother than eg a pdtdi (even the new 2 liter) and the consumption is really good. At 160 kmh I've had 7 liters/100km, at 90-100kmh 4,3 l/100km. Sorry, I don't know how to convert these figures to mpg. Strange, but I've just passed 2500kms and the car seems to be much more agile than before, accelarating much better. The mmt gearbox is quite good but worse than a normal auto requires some adaptation from the driver. My mom's 1.6vvti (2004) does not feel more powerful at any time, though does much lower mpg. However there is a serious turbo lack under 1700 rpm which shall be calculated when moving in road crossings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links