Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Answers!?

Seany

Hi everyone,

Right, i only have a Yaris 1.0L (wish my parents had bought the T-sport) but want more power and have a number of questions:

1. Are the T-sport front brakes bigger? Also, is it possible to fit the T-sport rears to the 1.0l? Would it be difficult?

2. There seems to be 2 cats in the exhaust system, can the later one be removed? On the 1st one there's a sensor just after it, assuming its for the ECU...

3. What should my 0-60mph time be around? I've got a Jap muffler on soon to have a Blitz induction kit

4. Is it worth getting the flywheel lightened? In the long-term i'm thinking of an engine transplant...so would it be matchable?

Finally,

5. About the HKS Turbo kit, will it be reliable? ie will it reduce the life of the engine? Is it a straight bolt-on kit? If i did change engines, would i be able to modify the kit to fit my new engine?

Thanx

Sean

P.S. What is the address of the website with a 180bhp Celica engine in a Yaris? I've lost the link

1. As far as i know the fronts are a bit wider and slightly larger. It's not worth it though, the 1.0L has got good brakes for the speeds it can do. Try brake pads before you spend a load of money on nothing.

2. There is only one on the TS so yours should be the same. Also MOT problem.

3. about 12 sec's on a dry day

4. No. It would roll backwards on hills. The weight of the flywheel keeps you going on hills, so in small cars you lose accl quickly. Also it wouldn't fit after the engine change is done.

5. They are very good kit's from what i hear. The engines are very good anyway so i don't think you will kill it before you sell it. You should be able to mod the kit with money and help for other engines if the turbo was big enough for the 1.5/1.8

Hope this helps.

There is already a discussiojn on de-catting your middle pipe - and Oli has recently done it.

A light weight flywheel is useful when you have considerable power under the hood, and it helps increase the speed of acceleration (as lightweight flywheels can be upto a quarter lighter), but as Oli says, it also drops revs quicker too.

HKS turbos (like BLitz and Toms etc) are good turbo kits. They are bolt on's and like any "additional" component that you add to your engine, they will increase wear on your engine, but not considerably enough for it to be a concern, otherwise they wouldn't make them. In terms of reliability, I would say they are amongst the best so long as they are looked after and not negleted.

can I just ask is it worth putting a turbo on a 1.0l car ??? wouldn't it be cheaper to sell it and buy a bigger car or T-Sport !

can I just ask is it worth putting a turbo on a 1.0l car ??? wouldn't it be cheaper to sell it and buy a bigger car or T-Sport !

True Ryan - but this would certainly be "unique"........ B)

i think the TS option is better. There is so much you need to replace for the handling, braking and so on.

Just look at your options first.

Well i would get a T-Sport but i can't afford it or the insurance. Also, i've already done a lot to the car in terms of looks and things. All this stuff is theoretical neway in won't be happening til at least a couple of yrs!! I'm onl y 18!! Might get the turbo kit soon tho, seems like a safe bet... :D What would you need to do to look after it? Just regular check ups?

Didn't realise about the flywheel, just thought it would increase acceleration, but i spose it makes sense!!

So i'm guessing nobody knows the link for that Yaris? :( Thanx anyway guys

Sean

if you need the link for the turbo.

www.fensport.co.uk

www.tdi-plc.com

they both have the 1.0L turbo on there

a modded yaris with a turbo will cost more to insure than a standard yaris t sport..... step back and look at what your insurance company will say, i think im right in saying the t sport is only group 7.

dan

That true dan group 7 not bad for a nippy car??

jerry!!