Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memory Of Cd Player Keeps Reseting

adranseet

hi i just installed a pioneer cd player but it could not seem to keep its memory, a friend helped me connect it to the cigarrete lighter say it will help but its not working, any advice on that? Any advice appreciated...

you should have TWO power feeds to the unit a red one which is 'switchable' and should be wired to the ignition accessory position and a Yellow wire which should be wired to a permanent live, preferably the car Battery and make sure the inline fuse is as close to the Battery as possible.

thanks unity jon, but i could not seem to find a hole through the fire wall to get it to the Battery... any advice on that? thanks a bunch

Have you not got any wiring there already ? Like Jon has said you need the permanent live for the headunit to keep its memory

Simon

easy version find your fuse block {should be in footwell} find something that works without the key being in the ign and splice your perm live to this easy all wires r easy to hide and no need to make new holes or any dodgy live wires routed all over the car ;) :D