Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jealous B@stards

Martz

Checked out my car yesterday and some little scroat has keyed down the side of it!!

they see something better than their 12 yr old, 1 litre fiesta and have to have to damage it :angry:

anyway, my actual question is, does anybody know where on the car the colour code is kept. I've been to Halfords and looked at their chart and it says that 'Red' stopped being used in the 80's and was replaced by 'Super Red'

so i bought 'Super Red' touch up paint, filled it in, waited for it to dry and it's totally the wrong shade, just looks damn stupid now :o

car is a 97 celica 2.0GT st202 British Car

cheers Guys

little gits arent they.They did the same to mine,death is too good for the jealous swines.

I saw a Halfords ad this week in auto express which shows they mix and match paints now (like dulux) to get the exact match.

Hope this helps dude.

If in doubt ask a main dealer for a colour code. They sell touch up paint also.

Mindless *****s the lot of them - how dare they touch what aint theirs.

all colour codes are in the vin and r 3 digits eg 1co 6r4 8p6 etc ur dealer will sell u touch up pen and laq for about£5 :P

The other place to look for the colour code is just inside the sill under the trim or carpet towards the foot well, drivers side.

I have just had a £2000 spray job done on the supra to get her back up to scratch and a doddering old bird in the co-op car part decided it would be a good idea to push her shopping trolley right down the side of the car, so its not only the young that are to blame. people should just stay the hell away from others property. (bahhhhh humbug) :(

Cheers Guys, got my Colour and Paint, now it's all down to my skill in repair (god help us all :huh: )

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate, know the feeling had it happen a few times on my Omega and previously on a carlton, i hope what goes round comes round eh, they'll pay thru the nose when they start drivin and trying to get insurance, does no-one any good. However, I have red Celica 94/95 and ordered touch up paint at Toyota dealer, came thru spot on, was about £4.00 but worth it!

Cheers

Oops just read top post again, Toyota have 3 Super Red's !!

Should have said the dark red that I have is Super Red 3 (3J6 I think), Witches Car I believe to be Super Red 2)....

Hope the painting goes OK :)

yeah, turned out that my car is super red, the original paint i bought was super red 2!

i've slapped it on and it definitely looks a hell of a lot better with the correct colour :P , although it's still pretty rough around the edges if you get in close!

Hi martz

That reminds me when my wife had her first yaris gold cdx. The buggers keyed the car along one side of the car. We had to let the insurance take care of it as it was to bad to look at.

Maybe is it worth doing it on the insurance mate.

jerry!!

I'd rather not do it on the insurance at this stage, i guess it would affect my NCD?

does anybody know a rough price on getting one panel re-sprayed (rear wheel arch) and will it then match the rest of the car as it is 6 yrs old now?

cheers

I paid £150 for a back nearside panel to be done two years ago can't see it going up that much since.They also said it needed to be sprayed on part of the rear door to help them match.