Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wider Wheels

longhallage

Does anyone know where I could get a set of 14" 6J steel rims to fit a 1995 corolla as I want to fit wider tyres (185/60 from 165/70) but can't afford to fork out for alloys. The wheels are currently 14" 5(.5?). It is hard to find a decent performance tyre in 165 width. Also, what do 'offset' 'PCD' and 'c/bore' mean?

Thanks

Nick

go to http:www.tyresave.co.uk/fitment.html should explain everything and should be able to source wider wheels from different model to fit your car from local scrappie-hope this helps

wait a couple of weeks/months and get a wheel and tyre package, it wont be much more than a set of new performance tyres in the long run.

PCD it pitch circle diameter (or something) and is the amount of space between your bolt holes (100pcd ona Rolla)

Offset is the distance from the rear face of the wheel (the bit against the hub) to the outer rim of the wheel (the bit you always kerb !)

C-bore - is the size of the center hole of the wheel where the stub axle sits and keeps the wheel centrally aligned.

• 2 months later...

Folks,

I was wondering if Longhallage ever got the 6J wheels he was looking for, as I could do with a set for my Corolla.

Cheers

Neil

Offset is the distance from the rear face of the wheel (the bit against the hub) to the outer rim of the wheel (the bit you always kerb !)

Wrong, very - Offset is the difference between the centreline of the wheel and the bolting face.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links