Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Import

gypmaster

Hi,

thinking of buying an imported gen6 auto...

anyone know of any particular questions (apart from mileage, condition, insurance group, tax MOT etc) I should ask?

TIA

ask if its gonna be put to uk spec ,ie speedo , delimited, fog lights,radio tuner etc. or it will cost you some more lolly. :thumbsup:

As Maleborn says make sure it's been SVA'd etc and is ready to go.

Also, ask for a copy of the auction sheet and make sure it has a good full japanese service history. If you get the auction sheet and can't work any of it out give me a shout and I'll help. The sheet will tell you what grade of condition the interior and exterior was in at auction and will show any marks on the bodywork etc so you'll know if the importers had it repaired before you had seen it.

Hi guys,

As I haven't got a scooby about imports, could someone tell me whether the following is a 'blag' or not???? It seems to me as though it is...

Anyhoo, this is a response I got from someone selling an auto import....

"i didn't bother with the document that had the service history on it cos it was in japanese and it wouldn't be worth anything to me. i have had several imports and i always us the same importer and he has never let me down in terms of reliability. you can tell even without looking at a service history if a car has been missused or not. i know in japan they normally service their cars every 4000-5000km. (you can see from the stickers in the engine)thats about 2500miles....."

and

"there was no need for a full service because the car went through MOT and SVA which is already an intensive examination. so i told the guys to check everything as if they were doing a service so all they did was a oil,filter and plugs"....

TIA

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...pic=25863&st=25

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

i'm in the northeast gypmaster too far for you to come i think . go look at daves black 1996 gt its a minter for 4.7 k

dont forget mines 3k,just needs a little love on the door handles where someone broke in to it.chipped the paintwork.

Service history is of course useful That importer sounds like a prat. The history would have mileage and years on it that are easily read (even when the rest is in Jap) so at least you know if its been serviced regularly.

And an MOT and SVA doesn't mean the car has been well looked after either. I've seen some right sheds that have gone through both tests. I'd keep looking...