Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spiders

Midnightsupra

I've a got a spider living in my wing mirror that spins a new web every single night going all over the glass and on to the door.

The :censor: is still there and even regular power jets in behind the glass doesn't kill it or persuade him to move elsewhere.

Every morning i'm there late for work with :censor: spiderwebs all over my hands.

Anyone else have this prob?

needed to rant on this to get it out my system.........

Ranting is both good for your health AND productive :thumbsup:

I reccomend a maxpower air freshener. Even the most unsavoury of squatters would not choose to dwell in a location that is decorated with such unpleasant splendour.

For maxumum effect, cut it up and poke the bits in behind the glass, if he does not scurry out in seconds, his legs will surely disolve off.

Although this will not actually kill the spider, he will be unable to walk to your mirror glass to lay another <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing great big web!!!!!

Ranting is both good for your health AND productive :thumbsup:

I reccomend a maxpower air freshener. Even the most unsavoury of squatters would not choose to dwell in a location that is decorated with such unpleasant splendour.

For maxumum effect, cut it up and poke the bits in behind the glass, if he does not scurry out in seconds, his legs will surely disolve off.

Although this will not actually kill the spider, he will be unable to walk to your mirror glass to lay another <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing great big web!!!!!

:lol::lol: cheers mate that is so true and put a big grin on my face.

seriously though, i think this spider has fallen in toxic waste or something,

i've powered water in there for 30 seconds solid until great big rivers flood out and he is still in there!!

Clearly KGB trained.

Tough little :censor: ers they can be :thumbsup:

Strange as it may seem - you are not the first member to be plagued with this problem. Take a look here for some more ideas. :P

Are all men scared of ickle little spiders or is it just the guys on here? :lol:

Just let it be, its happy in there ;)

Are all men scared of ickle little spiders or is it just the guys on here? 

Just let it be, its happy in there 

Happy? Yeah they must be. Mines moved his whole family in..... Taken over the other mirror as well now. :huh:

Easy solution to this one. I first saw it posted on a MR2 forum a couple of years ago and I'm sure something similar was posted on TOC a while back :unsure:

When there is a nice new web spun, take a pice of grass and gently "tickle" one of the threads to lure the spider out. Once the spider is out, break the web ensuring the spider falls to the ground. Then step on the spider to squash it so it doesn't crawl back up into the mirror again.

:D

HTH :thumbsup:

PS: sorry to all spider lovers... but the only good spider is a dead one :ph34r:

PS: sorry to all spider lovers... but the only good spider is a dead one :ph34r:

i agree with that 100% :thumbsup:

best get rid of it in case it moves inside your car :shutit:

i'm going to try the leaf trick tomorrow, i'll still bet it will be back by the end of the week tho :lol:

i'm going to try the leaf trick tomorrow, i'll still bet it will be back by the end of the week tho :lol:

not if you squash it,it won't :P

not if you squash it,it won't :P

now theres an idea lol

same its not summer could of used a magnifying glass as well :hokus-pokus:

lol.. i am another one who has been affected by this as well... :rolleyes:

I bought a power jet washer thing for my car.. it soon cleared off. :D

My mum dont get this problem though.. as she has heated side mirrors which incinerates them!!.. I dread to think what the back of her mirrors look like.. :ph34r::lol:

lol.. i am another one who has been affected by this as well... :rolleyes:

I bought a power jet washer thing for my car.. it soon cleared off. :D

My mum dont get this problem though.. as she has heated side mirrors which incinerates them!!.. I dread to think what the back of her mirrors look like.. :ph34r::lol:

this is exactly what i mean

i've got heated mirrors and power jetted it on numerous occasions

and its still there........................

theres something not normal about it :!Removed!:

The blade of grass trick is the best way to get it out...

Fools the spider into thinking its trapped something in its web.

Sounds bad but have a lighter ready when it appears...

I'll leave the rest to your imagination ;)

lol!!!! i once had a similar problem but with an old girlfriend who would not leave me alone......i wish i could of got a giant high pressure washer to get rid of her!!

LOL next time have a can of anti persperant / deodeant (i know my spellin is crap) and zap him!!! it works!!! :ph34r:

LOL next time have a can of anti persperant / deodeant (i know my spellin is crap) and zap him!!! it works!!! :ph34r:

That + a lighter = Flame thrower... B)

LOL next time have a can of anti persperant / deodeant (i know my spellin is crap) and zap him!!! it works!!!  :ph34r:

That + a lighter = Flame thrower... B)

LOL

= bbq spider!

One thing that worries me is the saying "what goes around, come around".

I have killed so many spiders big, small, hairy, exoskeleton - the lot!

So now the worrying thing is when do they all come and seek revenge? :huh:

:help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links