Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'89 Carina 2

Toycarina

:help:OK guys try this one! i've got a 1989 Carina 2 GLi Executive 2ltr injection, had it for past 3 years without an unusual problem however about a week ago i came to pull away from the lights and what should happen but i stall, i know what your thinking EGR but would this also effect my performance at speeds of 70+ mph? also this seems to happen when the weather is cool or warm, wet or dry, and no matter the engine temperature. Took the baby to the garage the plugged in the diagnostic and code read "POWER" power to what had no idea however petrol pump was stuggling for power so plugs cleaned and wiring replaced and its fine however 2 days running fine and the problem is back. So an overview of the problem.

coming to stop car struggles to stay alive,

pulling away car jolts and revs drop to stall or nearly (unless drop clutch and run revs high),

going down motor/highway and car seems to be missfiring as accelerating

She idles fine and has superb performance when not suffering,

plugs changed and

petrol pump fine

PLEASE I NEED HELP I LOVE THIS CAR! :help:

Few things to try, 1st replace the fuel filter, remove the 'engine main' relay & EFI fuse (in the fusebox next to the battery) & clean the contacts. Check the condition of the HT leads & dizzy cap, also the earthing of the ignitor, clean all EFi related componants/sensors & their connections, check vaccum pipes for security/damage etc.

Few things to try, 1st replace the fuel filter, remove the 'engine main' relay & EFI fuse (in the fusebox next to the battery) & clean the contacts.  Check the condition of the HT leads & dizzy cap, also the earthing of the ignitor, clean all EFi related componants/sensors & their connections, check vaccum pipes for security/damage etc.

cheers mate that helped i read your post about the EFI relay and checked that but no rust however too much greese on the blades so cleaned that off and no problem since

• 3 months later...

this carina II gli is a good car?

i swap my honda prelude 2.0l(85) for this model(4p for the baby).

any problem with this car usually?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links