Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rev2 Turbo Needed

shaf2000

im ready to do my engine swap so if anyone knows of any rev2 or 3 turbo's being sold complete, please drop me a pm.

cheers guys.

true, but i will be able to make a bit more by selling off the excess parts on the rev3.... either way i dont mind as once the engines in, it is gonna get sold :angry:

Shaf... why sell???..... what u gonna do?.... oh and why do the Rev3 engines die easily?

im hopefully going to get a trd widebody mr2 turbo from hong kong.

apparently the rev3 block is weaker than the rev2 block so once it gets to about 330bhp, it has been known to crack.

Shaf... why sell???..... what u gonna do?.... oh and why do the Rev3 engines die easily?

im hopefully going to get a trd widebody mr2 turbo from hong kong.

apparently the rev3 block is weaker than the rev2 block so once it gets to about 330bhp, it has been known to crack.

First I've heard of this... Although I don't spend much time on the MR2 forums any more.

I would have thought if modifications were being done to high standards by people (tuners) who really know what they are doing then it would be very unlikely.

It's when you get people uprating certain parts and ignoring other areas then it may go bang - just as any other engine.

muhsin from imoc is currently having his 3rd rev3 mr2 block installed after finding hairline cracks in 2 of his after running 330bhp.

apparently the block is weaker on the rev3's according to the tuners.... who am i to say whether it's true or not. im merely just relaying their findings.

Strange, I always thought the blocks were the same and it was the head that was different.....

Early rev3 blocks had problems with wall thickness.....

Rev 3 blocks are a different design also. The oil filter is in a different place for a start. Not located near the nice hot turbo like the Rev 1/2 :blink: