Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Did You Learn To Drive In?

philjones1978

Just saw a learner driver learning in a Yaris T-Sport from a proper driving instructor.

I remember I learned in a Metro GTi (driving instructor).

What did everyone else learn in and was it a family car or an instructors?

i learned to drive in a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2ltr, a Vauxhall Astra 1.7D & a Citroen Xantia 1.9TD :blink:

And even though i had to learn 3 diffrent cars i still passed 1st time :D

deisel corsa, petrol corsa, then back to a deisel corsa but with power stearing this time!! Driving instructor crashed his car yet I'm a safe driver! Really!

All you youngsters - mixture Austin 1100, Austin 7 van and Morris Minor (sidevalve engine)

multiple vehicles:

1990 Plymouth Voyager (still have it!) Big box with a 3.0l V6 and a 3-speed slushbox. Proven to be a reliable old beast.

1989 Nissan Stanza (had a half dead engine and smoked like mad) I really loved this thing, despite its dull nature. The only time I didn't love it was when I had to change the sparkplugs (for some reason, Nissan decided the 2.0 4 in this thing needed 8 plugs)

1989 Mazda 323 (learned how to drive a manual in this) This thing was a wreck, and totally unfit for use on public roads (but I drove it anyway.) Suspension wasn't attached to the car at 2 corners, the brakes were iffy, and it leaked pretty every fluid except oil. But, it had a 5speed, so my parents kept it until I could drive. Sold this one for 30USD

Toyota Starlet....in lovely Chocolate brown...Hmmmmmm

That was the instructors car. Between lessons it varied between a Fiat 126 ( OMG ) and a Mini 1000.

Rich

For me it was a 1978 vauxhall chevette in red. Which i brought and learnt to drive in. And i passed the first time as well ;)

jerry!!

245bhp Corolla RWD Estate with the back stripped out (Family car) and a 1.3 Corolla GL with the instructor.

Oh... and take away the 2 from the bhp figures :P