Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Updates

Rod

I am the owner of a 2002 CTS - one of the only two cars imported in Malta. I am satisfied with the car overall but am concerned on

a. the rattles coming from the dashboard

b. rumours of various required CTS updates

On the second point I was told that I need to have my ECU changed given a problem with 'main beam dimming under heavy conditions'... I wasn't able to get more information so any help would be appreciated..

Rod

Rod

From what I know the ECU might already be updated (only may be) & if it wasn't the only thing you might notice is now & again the lights might dimm. This was because the ECU is checking some sort of system in the car (I don't think it will effect the car in general). The new ECU don't check it while the car is moving now.

The rattles seem too common in the E12 Corolla. Mostly from around the radio (just like mine). A new radio will cure mine as the gaps around it are no longer the problem.

pb

:wacko:

I've got the same vibrations @ 4-5000 rpm.

Anyone had this fixed by a dealer? It's going to have to be fixed soon as it is driving me nuts!

I've got the same vibrations @ 4-5000 rpm.

Anyone had this fixed by a dealer? It's going to have to be fixed soon as it is driving me nuts!

Same here. Its a sort of buzzing noise. Havent got round to taking it in yet. Also noticed a gap above the radio housing and dash board, probably related.

Accylad

• 1 month later...

An update (at last!)

Took my CTS in to the dealership to get the dash vibration fixed last week.

They have taken the radio out, packed felt padding in and replaced.

The noise has reduced a lot but is still there.

I can live with it for now, but may get them to take another look at its first service.

Hello all - I am a new user. I have just got round to registering after looking at all the posts over the last couple of weeks.

I'm very interested by the comments made re the dash vibrations. My Corolla T-Sport has just been into the garage under warranty to investigate the squeaking brakes and the reason why it failed to start over Christmas. Suprise, suprise no faults found!!

However, I have now noticed vibrations coming from the dash when travelling on the motorway - I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case before it went into the dealer!

I have also noticed the lights dimming automatically when I'm driving along, however I didn't pay much attention to this. Is this the dash lights dimming or is this the head lights

The dash noise is a complex problem not only related to the radio gaps (see previous posts). Apparently, the construction of the dash and the cables, instrumentation etc underneath is very loose and it is easy to have reasonance somewhere. It depends on temperature (differential expansion), air blow through the vents, a/c operation, engine rpm, etc.

They need to remove the dash and stabilize/isolate properly everything underneath. I suspect that they also modify the electronics to reduce the air flow from the vent fan.

Of course, any new work in the dash area may destabilize again its structure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links