Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats A V Car?

Fitz

Anyone know what the seller means by 'it's a V car'. Seen it on autotrader too and it said V car hence best offer over £1500.

Some kind of accident damage or stolen recovered?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4502333892&rd=1

I'm not in a position to buy yet, but just curious as to what it is that's making it appear cheap. I use the old phrase, if it looks too good, it probably is.

Anyone know what the seller means by 'it's a V car'. Seen it on autotrader too and it said V car hence best offer over £1500.

Some kind of accident damage or stolen recovered?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4502333892&rd=1

I'm not in a position to buy yet, but just curious as to what it is that's making it appear cheap.  I use the old phrase, if it looks too good, it probably is.

i used to be a copper so this is how i know this..........

a V car will have been in an accident. when the accident happened the police will have attended and filled in a report book. when that report book was filled in they would have had the option to tick a box which asks in their opinion do they think the car will be a write off. if they tick it then this information is sent to the dvla and is put on their computer. this is called a V23.

basically when it is on the computer if the police do a PNC check on the car then it will flash up as being V23, also if the car is sold and the new owner registers it then they are sent a letter informing them that the car is V23.

hth :)

Adam

Does that mean its on a 'Q' Plate, or does that only apply to Stolen vehicles?

Q plate is only for cars which cannot accurately have an age placed on them (i.e if the chassis or engine numbers have been ground off).

Warns that a vehicle has been subject to an insurance total loss claim, or “written-off”, because of damage.

For vehicles written-off since January 1997 the HPI Check categorises damage from A-D, ranging from those vehicles which should never go back on the road to those which can be safely repaired. In addition, you will be advised if the vehicle has been registered with DVLA as having been scrapped.

If you are considering purchasing a vehicle on this register, HPI advises that you inspect it very carefully for structural and mechanical integrity prior to purchase.

And you can't put a private plate ona q plated car!! :ffs:

And you can't put a private plate ona  q plated car!!  :ffs:

And in my case, I had a car built in 1967, it lost the reg plate due to an over zelus MOTer and when they introduced the free tax for calssics, they said my Q plate would not have been elegible till 25 years after the Q plate was registered, despite the car not having been made since the 70's. (managed to get the original plate back though.)

Cheers for the info o the V car. I figured it must be due to accidents or something. Certainly not a car I'd look to buy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links