Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes

toyota rally

hi all

my rolla is spanking new (ive done 800miles)

1, i get a anoying squeack on the rear which seems to go if i apply the hand brake a little then release it.???????????

2, both my front brakes seem to be groving and not smooth?????????

this i feel is not right,, any addvance before i take it in for new brakes

Hi

I don't have squeeky brakes, but mine are slightly groved front & back. Now at 14,000 miles but they have not got any worse than the initial wear from the start.

May be give it a few more miles, may be it will bed in.

pb5

:wacko:

hi all

my rolla is spanking new (ive done 800miles)

1,  i get a anoying squeack on the rear which seems to go if i apply the hand brake a little then release it.???????????

2,  both my front brakes seem to be groving and not smooth?????????

this i feel is not right,,  any addvance before i take it in for new brakes

1] Give the car a little time. Sometime the compound of which the pads are made out of will have little bits of hard material (sometimes even bits of metal). And the will squeel under gentle braking for some time. It is also possible a small stone or dust has got between the pad and disc. Don't worry about it just yet. If it's still a problem when it's time for the first service (1000 miles or something like that???) then get them to look at it.

Most common problem will be dust so nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

2] Front and rear discs will get small grooves in them - like lines traveling around the disc. It's normal wear.

You are still taking it easy for the first 1000 miles anyway? i.e no hard braking (Including handbrake turns :P ) or reving the nuts of it.

If you are really worried and braking is suffering (i.e not stopping) get the car into the dealer ASAP. It's really not normal for a car to need brakes to need attention within the first year.