Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Found A Gt4

GT4 BOOSTER

Ok here goes.......

Thanks to Maleborn1967 for listing the car and mentioning the website which needs updating but I've been busy. This car has the Jap history with it and the mileage is genuine with the cambelt just changed 6000 miles ago. I thought I had it sold last week as some guy in a Celica GT turned up and said he just wanted his old man to have a look.....last I saw of him.

I might have a 94L WRC in Silver with OZ 17" and 60K miles on the clock coming in in the next 4-5 weeks if anyone is interested. I'm trying to get pic's of it now. Don't know how you work with ad's here but If I've offended anyone I won't do it again and you can delete this text. :thumbsup:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GT4 BOOSTER

• Leeky

• daktari

• emicen

its my test drive in the morning , i got the money , if all is well its mine by wednesday next week. :!Removed!:

can't wait never drove anything over 173bhp. i hope i like the experiance.its sure gonna cost me in fuel by the sounds of it. but what the hell , we only here once. :thumbsup:

media1.jpg

it went really good dak , totally different feel to my st202 gt , steering is real tight , almost feels heavy compared to the old car,but power steering works fine,gearbox is tighter too , no knocks rattles from front suspension.engine as sweet as , pulling away at a junction in the wet with turbo , well thats worth its weight in gold ,inside is mint ,took it to over a ton , maybe more but tyres were a bit low on air ,wanted to see if limiter is gone. pulls in a straight line and engine seems to rev effortless , my 202 seemed as if i was flogging it a bit too hard , this one loved it , same sound right through the gears up to over a ton. :yes:

abs all works fine , power windows , cd player , all switches work, air con works,

anyways i left a deposit , and should have it by wednesday :drool::drool:

it went really good dak , totally different feel to my st202 gt , steering is real tight , almost feels heavy compared to the old car,but power steering works fine,gearbox is tighter too , no knocks rattles from front suspension.engine as sweet as , pulling away at a junction in the wet with turbo , well thats worth its weight in gold ,inside is mint ,took it to over a ton , maybe more but tyres were a bit low on air ,wanted to see if limiter is gone. pulls in a straight line and engine seems to rev effortless , my 202 seemed as if i was flogging it a bit too hard , this one loved it , same sound right through the gears up to over a ton. :yes:

abs all works fine , power windows , cd player , all switches work, air con works,

anyways i left a deposit , and should have it by wednesday  :crybaby:

Good on you mate. Sounds like a peachy motor. Bet you cant wait now. :lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

you bet :yes: , but i need a manual for all the under bonnet bits and bobs , and for the switches inside , have you got anything you could copy and email me , i know yours is gen 5 but most stuff is the same most likely. or if you know of any sites with info . :thumbsup:

seems if i stick to 65 mph on motorways , i recon petrol wont be too bad , its around town humping the turbo it will prove costly i think. ;)

almost feels heavy compared to the old car

The ST205 is a lot heavier than the ST202 :D

know yours is gen 5 but most stuff is the same most likely

You'd be surprised :lol: , quite a few diffrences. Your best bet is to buy a Toyota Workshop Manual from eBay :thumbsup:

curb weights are 1995 ss2 = 1190 kg

1995 gt4 = 1380 kg

i knew they were heavier , but i meant the steering felt heavier to turn , obviously because the front end is heavier , but it just felt weird , like it wasn't right, anyone who has owned the gt4 would know its like that i suppose.

cheers lads for the replies. :thumbsup:

insurance companies are total taking the ***** ,

toyota celica gt4 import - 1995

adrian flux first quote = £ 920 , 24 hours later email = £ 636

admiral , trading as elephant = £ 642

quoteline direct ( broker ) with norwich union direct £ 644

norwich union direct £ 398 - they insure imports as uk cars , as long as your registration number comes up on their data base and its been , mph from kph , foglight fitted and is uk spec not modified .

also got a quote with a clifford alarm and immobilizer fitted , £ 300 for the security , guess what i'd save --------- £ 9 , i mean come on where is the justice in that.

anyways i have the motor insured for £ 6000 at a cost of £ 398 a year , which was nice. :thumbsup:

yes i know , i'm keeping stum , i informed the girl it was import , so if its on my written policy as well all is good. :thumbsup:

:huh: I just noticed on this pic dude that the side skirts are missing, you can see the outline of where they were. Are they gonna be fitted on when you pick it up?

Gonna be a big shame if you dont get them as that bodykit is hard to come by and VERY difficult to get the side skirts seperately.

:(

afraid not , they were totalled somehow and taken off.how i do not know , the underside dont show any signs of lifting by a forklift or such , so what happened to them i have no clue , nor does the importer.

will toyota sell any to go on this motor ?? not really bothered if they arn't from the same body kit . women have breast implants , but over look their faces :lol::lol:

They do sell genuine skirts which are very similar but cost the earth being Toyota.

I'd try to get some aftermarket replacements. I'll check a few sites for ya and see what i can come up with :thumbsup:

in silver please :thumbsup:

Ha ha whadda ya know that didnt take long :lol:

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/celica-bodykitreplica.htm

Here is the skirts on their own £210 :thumbsup:

They will come in grey primer, so will need painting up. Should cost no more than £200 for a really good job :thumbsup:

trd style side skirts £ 210 , are those the ones for me ????

that will need painting and fitting , still ok though , cheers fella top marques. :thumbsup:

trd style side skirts £ 210 , are those the ones for me ????

Yeah dude, they are the one's that used to be on the car :thumbsup:

i will have those in the new year , cheers leeky .

oh before you go off to gold , what mpg can i expect not being a knob head ?

i will have those in the new year , cheers leeky .

oh before you go off to gold , what mpg can i expect not being a knob head ?

Hummm hard to say as i drove mine in a way that i used a tank in about 2-3 days :lol:

30mpg shouldnt be too hard if you drive carefully with little or no boost :thumbsup:

thanks man . - top guy for info . :thumbsup:

Maybe it's worth bargaining with the seller to sort out the side skirts? By the time you add on the VAT and carriage and allow at least £100 to paint them, not to mention a morning to fit them, it's going to add up.

it was reduced by £ 300 :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links