Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-cat A St185?

scoobyspanker

It depends on what year your car is and whether it's an import, I run a '91 Jap import so get away without the CAT, try and find what your car is tested at for it's MOT or the other alternative is to de-catthe car, keep the CAT pipe and swap them over at MOT time :P

Not sure if it's right, a mechanic told me anything 92 on requires cat for emissions reg's

I've now been told to get the bleeda chipped, that way I won't need my !Removed!..I meen CAT! :) Is this right???

A CAT has nothing to do with Chips etc....

A chip may effect the way in which an engine burns/mixes the fuel but will not effect the emissions to a great extent of the engine.

By de-cating the car you are effectively removing the filter that reduces the Co2 to the legal limit, these limit's were introduced for UK cars and those after '91 or '92 (one of the two).

By removing the Cat you are allowing your car to breathe a lot easier as the CAT by nature is very restrictive and increasing the power and making the engine a lot more repsonsive, unfortunately this does mean it would be illegal on your car if it is a newish UK/Imported car, easy way around this is to keep the CAT and swap it back on at MOT time and swap it off afterwards

Make sure you take it to the MOT warm. Run it for a bit before hand. You have a better chance of passing. I have the centre de-catted but still have one in the downpipe.

Warm = good chance of passing. Turbos actually have lower emissions (destroys another myth) as they burn hotter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links