Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Importance Of Car Colour

peterabbit30

After shopping around for my new yaris t sport,I was faced with a plethora of choice.Black looks yummy,grey looked sporty, blue looked summery and cheerful and red vibrant with yellow a bit girly.

However, it isnt important to just go for what you like,theres so much to consider. Residual values according to top gear magazine tend to be best for black,red & metallic blue. I quote :

"Boring colours can shave off as much as 10% from a car's value

* Cheerful-looking cars in happy optimistic colours sell fastest

* Buying something in an offbeat shade means you're restricting your resale market

* A duff colour can turn an average car into an unsaleable one

* Red, black and dark metallics are in

* White's for vans and Plod

* Pale, washing-up water colours like light green, light blue, cream and beige are out

* Posh cars need to be the colour of precious metals like tungsten, platinum and silver. They lend gravitas and importance

* If you buy a car in a weirdo wacky colour, it could all go horribly wrong"

Insurance companies reckon grey/silver cars arent seen as much in bad conditions and hence are involved in more accidents. After all this advice, I think Ill just go for the sexiest.Hope this helps somebody as Im still not sure lol.........

Think pink.........Think Julian Clary lol......thinking about it though , roland rat drove a pink motor didnt he?!? and look where he is now....!! (some dark sewer i suspect) :D

If I had a choice...think id go for a white car with blue light.....ahhh the fun i could have lol......

My MR2 is grey and I was aware that the colour blended into the road.

I do have my lights on quite a bit to help people see me B)

Colours to avoid. White, harder to keep clean and worth less on resale. Anything outstanding e.g. Yellow. Again harder to sell and resale prices reflect this.

Silver is a bugger. Looks good, good for resale but people just don't see you. I've never had so many people drive out on front before I got a silver car. Especially when overtaking. Small silver object in rear view mirror IS closer than it seems!!!! :D

Whatever colour you choose try to go for a Metallic. Looks better and help re-sale.

I don't know what colour to go for. I've had a red SR,

now I've got a blue Yaris T Sport which I love. On May 1st I have told the dealer to order me a thunder grey T sport but should I go for Gold? help.

In saying that insurance companies also say that grey (gray for you Americans out there) cars are driven by more conservative drivers so command lower premiums. So who do you believe.

And the Bill down here are buying silver cars now as their residual value is higher than white.

Get the TVR multiple colour option.

yeah my old celica was silver,You do need your lights on on dull days as you just blend in.Thats why I avoided the t-sport thunder grey.Its nice because its unique to the t-sport but i went for the carib.blue as I want people to notice it more.

My first Yaris (and first ever car, bless it) was a BLACK GLS which I started tuning with all the skirts, alloys, spoilers etc.

I know it's plainly obvious, but black shows up even the smallest chips and dents, and is a heart-breaking ordeal every time you clean your car (I am one of these people who can't clean their car enough!), and each time you have new chips. After many little paint jobs, I had to chop it in for something of a less notable colour, as I was continually gutted to see all these marks etc.

Anyway, on another note, the car I chopped in the GLS for, was a silver SR, and until reading the other articles, I had never actually thought about this colour being less visible...! Maybe explains why 2002 was a bad year for me, with 2 nasty accidents and chips that couldn't be painted...!!

I love black cars though, with tinted windows and beige leather (maybe going into my personal fantasies is not a good idea at this point and time, but it may fuel others to share - hahahaha), or silver with red leather is something I'm considering at the mo.

Anyway....................NEXT!!

neither do red...they r supposed to be the most stopped by police. Dont know whether its cos theyre so much more common or thet police like to play car snooker.Is there any truth in the snooker theory i wonder? hmmm....In which case im going for white as police wouldnt want to pot the cue ball :P

there was a big thing on car snooker in the Southend area many years ago, i had a Blue car at the time and over heard one PC say "thats Five, i need a red and i'm going to hang back for that black BMW tonight"

they got busted by the local paper who asked people to write in with their ticket details and the times they were pulled and there was a massive section of red car, other coloured car over a two week section.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a white Corolla 3 door T3, ok its hard to keep clean but i just love white cars. 3 so far and nobody has ever said to me "oh sorry i,ll have to give u less for ur car cos its white" <_<

I like it and dont really care what other people think and it turns heads when i drive about town ;)

I have a white Corolla 3 door T3, ok its hard to keep clean but i just love white cars. 3 so far and nobody has ever said to me "oh sorry i,ll have to give u less for ur car cos its white" <_<

I like it and dont really care what other people think and it turns heads when i drive about town ;)

My experience:-

every red car I've owned was broken into.

Every silver car I've owned looks the best when filthy as they don't show the dirt. Never though before about not being seen though. Maybe I'll stop hooting at people.

Black - can't really remember much about the black car. I wonder why ...

Maroon - Showed the dirt less than red and didn't get broken into, I think.

I say I think because I try to blot stuff like cars being broken into out of my head. Remembering too much bad stuff just results in Grottybags being more Grotty ;)