Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre/alloy Question

mooser

Hi,

I am new here, but have been looking at the posts.

Thanks for the one about radio removal - very helpful.

Anyway.

I have a July 2004 T-Spirit which is great.

Have lowered suspension and added strut brace - both giving great improvements to the handling.

I think my only problem now is the tyres.

This seems to be the weakest link with handling.

Would it make sense to replace the stupid economy tyres, with better ones?

Would this make enough improvement?

OR

Go for a set of 15" wheels with 185/55/R15 tyres?

(If so where could I sell the old wheels/tyres)

I have standard 14" alloy wheels with 175/65/R14 tyres.

welcome1.gif

T-Sport Wheels For Sale...

Not only will they look a lot better you will notice an improvement in handling, if the tyres are uni-directional you may have some tram lining due to the better grip and lower profile.

Either way you are on to a winner :thumbsup:

hi welcome,

at a min i would go for 185/55/15, it`s depends on what kinda roads you are driving on, as i live on :censor: roads in ireland i went for 195/50/15 but if i was living in a city i would have no prob with going for 16" or maybe even 17", but yea it will make a good bit of difference, so go for it, send us a few pics

I'm running 15's with 195/45 R15's which are fine to me but do tramilne a bit but nuthin spectacular and I can live with it! :thumbsup:

195/50/R15 are perfect for me... iv got brilliant grip and go! Nice set of Dunlop Sport 9000's are what you want!!

As an example of how good they are, iv been told that the Mercedes CL65 (thats with 738lb ft of torque OMG!!!) Is fitted with bigger versions of said dunlops.

195/50/R15 are perfect for me... iv got brilliant grip and go! Nice set of Dunlop Sport 9000's are what you want!!

As an example of how good they are, iv been told that the Mercedes CL65 (thats with 738lb ft of torque OMG!!!) Is fitted with bigger versions of said dunlops.

What do they mean for insurance as 185/55/R15 are standard T-Sport fit.

Does it make a big difference?

What do they mean for insurance as 185/55/R15 are standard T-Sport fit.

Does it make a big difference?

As far as i know, tyres don't make didly-squat difference to insurance premiums. The tyres on my SR were standard fit.

I always found the Bridgestone Potenzas supplied were crap - ended up trying various different options - before settling on Pirelli P6000s. Good handling and last a decent number of miles ... so far they're on the standard t-sport alloys, but am about to buy a set of 16s .. so will need to star all over again!

Clarky

I have a July 2004 T-Spirit which is great.

Have lowered suspension and added strut brace - both giving great improvements to the handling.

Got any photo's??

I have a set of 15" MVK3's with 195/50x15 Toyo T1-s tyres perfect, no problems whatso ever.

Soon upgrading to 17" 205/40x17 Toyo T1-r's. :D Toyo's are standard on (Mitsibishi Evo 6).. among others

Wish i could post a piccy cos i got the Boostertuning bodykit on it too looks superb just need the I.C.E. now :)