Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maxpower Review

Fluff

Anyone else read MAXPOWERS review of the MR2 Roadster this month ? I know the MR2 isn’t the best of the bunch but the review really slatted it, basically they said its a hairdressers car and gave it no credit at all. I aint no hairdresser and I love mine. There were no good points at all, if this was the case how come all other reviews ive read e.g. www.4car.co.uk give it 4 out of 5 on everything. The guy testing the car had it in for the car before he sat foot in it.

Anyone who like the roadster please join me and email maxpower giving out thoughts on the matter, if we all write in they might take notice, then again they might just call us HAIRDRESSERS.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• TheNissanMan

• jerry phipps

• Leeky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maxpower fastcar etc are retards and love novas and corsas they havent a clue i mean they stick imatation carbon fiber to a bonnet 2 pretend its a carbon fiber bonnet......

buy banzai or jap performance :P

Hey dont worry. We all know at the end of the day the MR2 is a top notch motor. These guys who do the reviews are just a bunch of ***** heads. If you haven't got a corsa of a saxo they seem to think that you haven't got a cool car????? They really haven't got a clue about real motor cars.

I didn't see any saxo's or corsa's in the top 10 in the jd power test's did you :D :D :D :D :D

jerry!!

lets face it if you cant fit a 4 foot tail pipe, body kit that scrapes the ground meaning that you can never drive the thing anywhere cos otherwise youll shed bodywork all over the highway and put silly neon washer jets (sorry if anyone has them) on it then the laxpower brigade aint interested mate

plus as jap cars are all ecu and electronics far too complicated for people with a mental age of 12 :lol:

Hi scoobyspanker I dont think that the new MR2 looks gay. Come on now what kind on statement is that?? How the hell can a car look gay????

What you should say is that it's a car you wouldn't buy. It might be lacking in the bhp division but it's one hell of a roadster mate B)

jerry!!

I have never read max power :wacko:

I do not like the roadster :(

I parked my '2 outside the hairdressers today :P

personally i don't like the mk3 but then i dislike max power even more. damn saxos and corsas are their cover cars month in month out, same goes for fast car, revs and redline, all *******.

hey, all... im gonna haveto agree on not liking the styling of the mk3, and the power is depressing, but all i can say it that i drove one owned by a friend of mine through some tight turns and heres my review.... love the brakes, the handling is sharp, and its oddly easy to heel toe downshifts. At the end of the day the mk2 turbo is still my favorite, but i wouldnt mind having a spyder.

final word: anyone who wants to !Removed! about it should drive it on an auto cross, or GP circuit and then tell me it isnt fun.

... as for styling.... its yet to grow on me and i hate the interior

- mark

Fair comment!!!!

jerry!!

I didn't mean it was for !Removed! people, I just don't like the styling, it wants to be a boxter, but it looks too little. I love the 2 models before it, I think it's a poor effort to change the way the MR2 has always looked. It's always been a mini Ferrari, i don't think it has the same appeal now. If Ryan reads this, I wonder what he thinks, he has had both the previous models...would he buy this 1 <_<

Hee Hee, Scobby leading me up for an opinion there :P

At first I wasn't sure of the Mk3 as the styling is not really my cup of tea but the same arguments came out when the Mk2 was launched and are still running today, which is the better car, which looks better etc etc etc....

It's one of those arguments that can't be won or answered as is very much a personal opinion. I love the Mk1 as a nippy little car which can be thrown out of line and is a lot more a drivers car than the Mk2 (it's a lot easier to get out of shape), I love the Mk2 NA because you know exactly where you stand, it's quick, again good around corners and a lot easier to drive well (probably why I've only crashed Mk1's :D), the Mk2 Turbo due to it's speed, again need more control on corners as you have to be aware of where that Turbo is kicking in (just my 2p)....

The Mk3 I haven't riven yet but will want one when money allow to add to my little 2 collection, I'veseen them on track and am very impressed with how well they handle and what they can do. Although they may be lacking in the bhp deptpeople have to remember they are also a lot lighter than the Mk2 so compensate for there power there.....

I seriously wouldn't fault any of the MR2's, they are great cars and for bang for buck one of the best cars on the road IMHO, but then again I am very, very biased......

Love the fact Max Muppets in their XR2i's still think they can race you and get surprised when they look at the speedo after their back end stepping out on a roundabout as you dissapear into the distance, made me laugh on the weekend anyway.....

I have to admit, I was only going on looks, from what u buys are saying its a good drivers car, and the MR2's are great cars ;)

Can't remember who was doing the review for the MR2-s with sequential auto shift, either Tiff Needell or our friend Clarkson but they said the semi-auto shift in the MR2 was the best he had ever tried and he was comparing it to the likes of ferrari and other super cars, apparently it shifts as you click it with very little delay compared to most....

Gotta love 'em and as you say definately good drivers cars, I still smiloe when getting out of mine and I've had them for years :)

Gee, Maxpower causing grief again.

Do they employ anyone who know what the F@*! they are talking about.

Don't knock Toyotas, Don't knock MR2's Maxpower. Get out of your nappies and into some big boy trousers and you will see the difference.

Maybe if they stop painting perspex hippy colours and putting hairdryers under bonnets then they may eventually realise that the Japanese don't generally make a car without knowing exactly what they are doing.

As for hairdressers - mine does a wicked job keeping my hair an un-natural colour and a cool style.

Find another cliche. That one goes back to 80's XR3i's.

&#33;Removed&#33; hell guys, ive started a big debate here, I can see lots of different opinions, i tested the MGF, MX-5 and all the equivalent motors, the MK3 kicked them into touch every time. And as for being slow then, you cant of driven 1,

Im not the tall ugly guy from top gear but I love my 2 to bits.

Fluff

Checkout me rallying pics, all before i got my MK3, ive been round the track with her, and cant complain at all.

http://freespace.virgin.net/oflaherty/rallying.htm

Hi fluff

Hey you must have enjoyed yourself there. Looks like fun. So was that taken while you where on holiday?

jerry!!

Nice pix Fluff (non-rallying ones). Bit tame though. Where did you hide the x-rated ones????

Remember when I went to Ibiza in '99 to shoot the clubs for some music magazines. The pictures I came back with were slightly on the debaucherous side to say the least.

And before you ask to see samples. The "!Removed! s*x show" (manumission) ones are in a picture library being circulated around the globe.

I need to get a load of my stuff scanned. At the moment it exists only as 15,000 slides and hundreds of published magazine articles.

Currently planning a website to "show off" my images.

MaxPower seem misguided in my opinion...

They also slated my Mitsi GTO as "boring", how the hell can they call any car that does 180+mph "boring"...

Hence I dont read it anymore...

Well we all seem to agree on one thing. Maxpower clearly don't know what the F*** they are talking about except when it comes to making a Nova look like it has been modified by a 'Blue Peter' presenter. :help::help::help: .

Why doesn't everyone ignore the stupid magazine and then we can stop getting worked up about their un-qualified reviews. :ffs:

:censor: Maxpower :censor:

MR2 got great reviews everywhere... its a drivers car, and looks interesting at worst... it certainly looks more expensive than it is and drives beautifully, 2003 models have wider tires, and LSD standard...u gotta luv that

SportCompact Car in the USA has it on its list of top 10 cars to drive (Celica 2zzge is also on the list), and they know their stuff

:censor: Max :censor: p :censor: o :censor: w :censor: e :censor: r

RIGHT..... first thing, :eek:

1.The Japanese know exactly what they are doing with engine's. And don't need poxy add ons. To make the engine better. :thumbsup:

2.As for saxo's, corsa's, nova's, etc. All have one thing in common.???? No power(bhp). :!Removed!: As all Japanese cars have. :thumbsup:

So have to look for expensive mod's. to get to Mc. Donalds, before you. :huh:

3.japanese cars hold the road like they where on tracks. :thumbsup:

Not wide tyres, suspension, and large lead blocks to use as counter weight? :group-cuddles:

Say what they like. half of them will be dead soon trying to mod there cars to the japanese standard. :help:

There aint NO car like a JAPANESE car. :P :thumbsup::thumbsup: