Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gold Member ?

corollagti16

i have just bin lookin at the gold membership and it says discounts at stoors in the uk japan and the us...

which stores r these ??

my mate is a member on the saxo owners club and gets great discounts at places like ripspeed- demon tweeks and other styling stores !!!

We actually have deals in place with demon and fensport.. plus a deal in the states

the list grows everyday

But the main one is discounts at Toyota dealers! I cannot announce the list here but we are starting to get the discounts come in.

This is the reason why we are giving an extra 3 months on the membership for free.. because in 3 months time I know We will have a big healthy list.

Also possibilty of an insurance deal too.

But thats the reward for supporting the club. The whole benefit is to be part of something good and for the love and growth. Big things will happen and everyone will benefit.

once i take arrival of the club letterheads we shall be sending out alot of letters to get in the deals.. you wont be dissapointed if you like modding!

Also the whole 180 dealers will get a letter too!

ok sounds gd to me supporting the site and getting some gd deals u cant lose :)

I will be taking my car for it's first service to Hill of woodford on 17.5.03 will I be able to get a discount off the service? The service will be £96.97 aaaaaahhhh

I've never paid for a service before !!!

I've posted my cheque today (monday 2.4.03).

Kaz

We hope to have quite a few on board whithin a couple of weeks.

the idea of joining gold though is that you as a member benifit from being a member, so discounts shouldnt and cannot be discussed in the main forum for this reason

no point joining then is there :blink: if its broadcast to non goldies

the idea of joining gold though is that you as a member benifit from being a member, so discounts shouldnt and cannot be discussed in the main forum for this reason

I agree but then if there was no benefit to joining gold what would be the point ?

Kaz

Cheque was delayed so I can check some cash issues I have atm but will be in the post soon.

Another reason to become a Goldie is to support a club you play an active part in IMHO, we all use the forums and there's a lot of good advice which can be had from it and a lot of people have saved a lot of money from the advice given on the forum, by paying a minimal fee to the forum each year (not only for discounts) you can show your support for the club.....

Just my 2p

I HAVE THIS GREAT IDEA GUYS....ILL SET UP A WEBSITE, ASK THE WORLD TO SEND ME 25 QUID I CANT LOSE!!! WHAT DO U MEAN 'WHAT DO U GET FOR YOUR 25 QUID'?! DONT B CHEEKY....ITS A SECRET!!!! JUST SEND ME THE MONEY OK AND NO QUESTIONS!!!!

IM SURE THE MONEY WILL B FLOODING IN :P :D

CAPS LOCK......

It's already been stated on the forum a number of the advantages of going Gold

Discount at Toyota, Demon Tweaks and Fensport are just a few. As it is early days the list will grow and there is a strong possibility of an insurance discount through the club as well.

As Steve has said members joining up early will get the 3 free months ontop of the 12 month period so that these discounts will come into effect...

It's not just a case of asking people for money for no reason.....

I refer to the comments above "the idea of joining gold though is that you as a member benifit from being a member, so discounts shouldnt and cannot be discussed in the main forum for this reason".

Surely this backs up my point of the benefits being secret.Something is fishy....

One fundamental aspect to success in business is succesful marketing.....the more you explain about EXACTLY who the dealers are who participate and EXACTLY what is being discounted...then more people will go "ill have some of that!" and join!....surely if the deals are so hot...they are worth shouting about.

Come on guys....we want to join ...we just need more details.....you must understand this surely....

The discount benefits are and will continue to be advertised on the main forum such as Toyota, Demon and Fensport discounts with more discountss to come in the near future.

Other advantages through the gold members club will be topical and information based, I believe it is these that are being discouraged in the main forum as obviously it is a benefit to those members that pay.

It is entirely at the discretion of forum members whether they wish to become gold members and get more detailed information/benefits from further deals carried out through the woners club.

It is not the intention, nor ever shall be to keep secret the deals that are being offered through paid membership as as you say it would be a pointless exercise.

Deals will be advertised as they appear, to access these deals you will need to produce a TOC Gold Card which is only available to Gold members....

I have seen all these questions before.

Where does the money go?

1 Dedicated server

2. Bandwidth

3. Merchadise (gold cards stickers)

4. Phone costs calling dealerships for discount.

5. Full Colour Letterheads so we look the part when contacting dealers (no home printed letterheads)

6. Stamps

7. stationary

We do not make profit from this or do we make money and sit back. I can promise you that this club has some fantastic goals! I am not here to ***** about with just forums.

Discounts are not disclosed because there are tight asses in this world who expect a free lunch. They will try anything to pretend they are a member and get 15% off items. For this very reason we keep it secret. This lets our paying members have advantage of purchasing items at a discounted price.

It also makes the club a good place to be. In a few months members will be telling everyone what a great deal they have had out of this and then people will be relying on word of mouth.

Beleive me.. I have been running LOC gold and not 1 (read) NOT1 person has complained! They all feel value for money!

And at the end of this all.. it is me thats breaking my back to ensure everyone here is happy.

Steve

We appreciate all your and your helpers hard work.

I look forward to being a memeber of an elite :D club

Thank you

Kaz

Well that just about sums it up.

I work in the IT and WEBdesign business for a company that is multinational and world wide. I know how much dedicated servers and band width can cost, so believe me the £25 that is being asked for gold membership is mere pittence when compared to the outlay.

good luck with it fellas and my cheques in the post.

blimey, sorry for asking...... LOL. :huh:

I dont want to be part of a secret handshake room, i'd rather share my experience, advice (good or bad) and knowledge for free so everyone can see it so i'll just stick to the 'normal' forum as i know a few people just breeze past here looking for quick help rather than looking for commitment.

I'd be ****** if i had to cough up just because i wanted to know which pin of my ECU to bridge for (divide by 2) fuel boost ? rather then fitting a crappy FSE BOOST valve which is way overpriced for a smaller hole than stock in container......

if you get my drift.

The club is a good thing, dont get me wrong, that's why i started UNITY LOWRIDER CC which is free, has free email and free forum, oh and proper stationary. :unsure: it has since spread to the Netherlands, Australia and America, but its still free........

Steve,

Personally think the work being done on TOC by yourself is superb, deals are a great benefit will personally be Gold ASAP....

The forum is an ideal place to chat, meets an ideal place to meet like minded people (oops forgot to mention discounted rates :P ) and anyone whose been on TOC for any period of time can see the amount of work your putting in to keeping it this way.

I hope that nobody here (cough) is accusing anyone of trying to rip people of as it is an invaluable service to Toyota Owners and offers the facility to save a good few £££ on various items, if people do insinuate that then my personal opinion is that they are either a) very naive) or B) as you stated trying to get afree lunch....

blimey, sorry for asking...... LOL. :huh:

I dont want to be part of a secret handshake room, i'd rather share my experience, advice (good or bad) and knowledge for free so everyone can see it so i'll just stick to the 'normal' forum as i know a few people just breeze past here looking for quick help rather than looking for commitment.

I'd be ****** if i had to cough up just because i wanted to know which pin of my ECU to bridge for (divide by 2) fuel boost ? rather then fitting a crappy FSE BOOST valve which is way overpriced for a smaller hole than stock in container......

if you get my drift.

The club is a good thing, dont get me wrong, that's why i started UNITY LOWRIDER CC which is free, has free email and free forum, oh and proper stationary. :unsure: it has since spread to the Netherlands, Australia and America, but its still free........

you got the wrong end of the stick jon

These forums will still be here... as normal

But stuff like

Discounts at dealerships

discount parts and accessories at 3rd party service providers

Insurance (working on)

even cheap holiday

discounted merchadise that we make in this country

No Secret handshake my friend.. it is more like you help us and we will try and save your subscription cost in discounts that we provide. The club has the power to act on your behalf.

Take Simon Skippy on the LOC forums.. he saved £1500 by being a gold member... so if anyone can make sense of that then they will be the ones that will join.

As for this forum.. nothing will change apart from member boasting how much they saved!

hope that makes sense

I think it's important for people to support the organisers in the work they do for us and the joining fee should be recovered by the saving made in the various discounts on offer, I've seen what's there and there's more to come I'll be taking advantage of these deals as and when I need them.

Well done for Steve for having the balls to launch this thing in the first place, I've paid my money and I don't have tonnes of cash to just throw away either, I don't believe that anyone will be ripped off.

Slings balls over shoulder :o

Cheers Carl,

The best thing for members is to goto the forums on LOC and take a look at a large thread

take a look here... now look how many people in this thread are actually gold members

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...f=32&t=5392&hl=

Now that says that it is working for Lexus owners... it can do exactly the same here. Most clubs now have a subscription. It means that the club is now growing to flouish into a real car club.. something for everyone. In the future yes we will launch a magazine and have articles of members cars.... its a growing club.

Sorry if i caused offence old chap. I was not inferring anything.You have to be cautious in this day and age and as the old proverb goes...'a fool and his money are easily parted'.

I guess its a case of you pay your money ,you take your choice.