Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re-syncing Keyfobs

grahmmie

I have a 96 Corolla that has a Toyota system 5000 alarm system in it. I have two keyfobs for it. One of them has stopped working although the light still flashes on the fob when you press the button. I've tried a new Battery in it but it made no difference. I can only guess the fob is either out of sync with the alarm or it's buggered. I read that car alarms usually have a way to resync with the fobs. I was wondering if anybody knew how on this system?

My car was recently in a garage and they somehow got the one working keyfob out of sync becuse of the stuff they were doing and couldnt dissarm the alarm. From advice of a car electircian they held the keyfob button for approx 1min until the alarm beeped and hey presto it was back working again. When I got the car back I thought I'd try the same thing with my other keyfob that hasnt worked for about 9 months. I held it for about 2mins and nothing happened. Maybe it's buggered despite the light showing up on it. It always worked in the past and hasnt really suffered any abuse.

From what i've read on www.howstuffworks.com alarms & fobs can usually be reset by some bizzare ritual of turning on the ignition so many times in so many seconds and maybe something to do with goats im not sure.

If it's a case of contacting Toyota for info im not sure where to go. My nearest dealer aint exactly nearby. A website full of informative PDF's would be nice. Hell will probably freeze over before that happens I bet. lol.

Cheers for any help anybody could give :)

• 11 months later...

:help:

does any body know if the chip and transmitter from the electronic keyfobs can be switched from one fob to the next. if any body has achieved the switch can they send me instructions on how to do this to save me a stupid amount of money on a car that is over ten years old.

Nexxus.

• 2 years later...

AVENSIS REMOTE DOOR LOCK:

ADDITIONAL METHOD OF REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODES

1. Check the interior lamp is operating correctly.

2. Drivers door open.

3. Insert key into ignition switch and then remove.

4. Close drivers door 2 times (SHUT OPEN SHUT OPEN) leave the door open.

5. Insert key into ignition switch and then remove.

6. Close drivers door 3 times (SHUT OPEN SHUT OPEN) leave the door closed.

7. Switch the ignition to the on postion (wait 2-3 secs in this postion) then remove the key.

Please note: After step 7 the doors will automatically lock and unlock (cycle). This action indicates that the system is now ready for re-coding (8).

8. Hold the ‘LOCK’ button down continuously – then press the ‘UNLOCK’ button 5 times. Release both buttons, then press both ‘LOCK’ and ‘UNLOCK’ together.

9. Open the driver’s door (completes process).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links