Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Bhp And Torque Would My Mr2 Turbo Be If...

swales_p

Just wondering what BHP and torque my MR2 Turbo would be putting out if i had

1 - Apexi Induction Kit

2 - Full Stainless exhaust system

3 - Stainless De Cat pipe

Also - my next step would be to slap a upgraded intercooler and boost controll, SO what would these figures be if i started to play around with the boost on a standard MR2 Turbo.

12 psi

14 psi etc etc

Cheers :thumbsup:

1 - Apexi Induction Kit

You would probably see about 30-40 bhp tops from these 3 mods

Not sure about the intercooler and controller :thumbsup:

who insures this kind of car with such mods declared ???

what kind of premiums are we talking ?

including de-cat I'd agree with rico there.

Insurance wise, All my engine Mods are declared and they didn't give a damn, it's just means there not covered but the OE parts still are.

Which I was more than happy with :thumbsup:

including de-cat I'd agree with rico there.

Insurance wise, All my engine Mods are declared and they didn't give a damn, it's just means there not covered but the OE parts still are.

Which I was more than happy with :thumbsup:

Who you insured with mate????

1 - Apexi Induction Kit

Also - my next step would be to slap a upgraded intercooler and boost controll, SO what would these figures be if i started to play around with the boost on a standard MR2 Turbo.

12 psi

14 psi etc etc

Cheers  :thumbsup:

i very much doubt you'd get that sort of increase on standard boost, with those modes AND a boost increase to 15 psi you may see 250bhp a 30bhp increase over standard.

I'm sure we can give a better idea after next saturday, i'm hoping for 250 bhp with HKS filter, APEXI single exit through system, A1 condition brand new ignition parts, running 15psi controlled with an A-VCR.

my insurance is huge, well by my standards anyway, due to it being an engine swap car, £1300 per annum only company that would quote me was adrian flux.

27 yrs

1 yr ncb

fully comp all mods declared.

1 - Apexi Induction Kit

12 psi

14 psi etc etc

Cheers  :thumbsup:

i very much doubt you'd get that sort of increase on standard boost, with those modes AND a boost increase to 15 psi you may see 250bhp a 30bhp increase over standard.

I'm sure we can give a better idea after next saturday, i'm hoping for 250 bhp with HKS filter, APEXI single exit through system, A1 condition brand new ignition parts, running 15psi controlled with an A-VCR.

my insurance is huge, well by my standards anyway, due to it being an engine swap car, £1300 per annum only company that would quote me was adrian flux.

27 yrs

1 yr ncb

fully comp all mods declared.

you should surely expect more that than from your car mate?? I'm pushing 275bhp just now, but that was recorded at 1bar boost. I now hit 1.2 ( don't know why I havn't blown up yet ), so I would assume it's higher than 275 now.

Jim you have a unichip..... :) remember it cost you about £550 it should give you bit of an advantage over my car :) about 25bhp i'd say :D

You will keep reminding yourself and then one day it'll be..

I wished i'd got that re-map done before i blew my engine up!

I'd have to disagree Steve. I had my manual boost control fitted last weekend and the RR recorded 266 at the wheels with 251lbs at 5220, and I have a TRD exhaust, Hypersports downpipe, Blitz induction and a Bailey BOV. Thats a healthy 46bhp over standard.

I suppose Toyota's conservative figures and colder weather help, but surely not to the tune of 16bhp :blink:

I'm well happy though. :yes:

I'd have to disagree Steve. I had my manual boost control fitted last weekend and the RR recorded 266 at the wheels with 251lbs at 5220, and I have a TRD exhaust, Hypersports downpipe, Blitz induction and a Bailey BOV. Thats a healthy 46bhp over standard.

I suppose Toyota's conservative figures and colder weather help, but surely not to the tune of 16bhp

If thats all accurate that must mean Jims unichip detracts about 25 - 30bhp from his car, as his only manages 275bhp @ the fly, that would be about 250bhp @the wheels..

266 at the wheels is unlikely. 266 @ the fly on a good cold day.

• 2 weeks later...

mr2oc had rolling road day today.

My rev2 running 12psi

Exhaust

Filter

226bhp 230lbs

206@ the wheels

another rev2 running 20psi

exhaust

226bhp 290lbs

206@ wheels

Stock rev2

198 bhp don't know anymore details but they get posted in a day or 2 sum of it seemed to be (22 cars ran) that rev 1 - 2 turbos weren't making more than 240bhp.

Discussed mods with the tuners and they said that gains they see only really occur from down pipes, big intercoolers and remapping, remapping giving the biggest and most reliable gains.

mr2oc had rolling road day today.

My rev2 running 12psi

Exhaust

Filter

226bhp 230lbs

206@ the wheels

exhaust

226bhp 290lbs

206@ wheels

Stock rev2

198 bhp  don't know anymore details but they get posted in a day or 2 sum of it seemed to be (22 cars ran) that rev 1 - 2 turbos weren't making more than 240bhp.

Discussed mods with the tuners and they said that gains they see only really occur from down pipes, big intercoolers and remapping, remapping giving the biggest and most reliable gains.

had mine today too...

Rev1 running 12psi

Decat

206bhp 235lb....

Stock MR2 turbo is looking at 200bhp (225PS as stated on spec). I've been told some turbo only getting 170bhp stock.....

250bhp?? Millway told me the Aussie down pipe + Unichip...250bhp is realistic

If thats all accurate that must mean Jims unichip detracts about 25 - 30bhp from his car, as his only manages 275bhp @ the fly, that would be about 250bhp @the wheels..

266 at the wheels is unlikely.  266 @ the fly on a good cold day.

Well, I can't speak for Jim, but I thought his figures were at the wheels. When your car is set up on the rollers, it doesn't calculate hp at the flywheel.

exhaust

226bhp 290lbs

Huh? It was running 20psi and only made 226bhp??? For a rev 2 to run 20psi, it MUST have had some serious mods to the turbo (or a replacement), and should definately be producing more hp than that. Crikey, Hedghog Dodger's monster is only running a little more boost than that, and it's well over 400bhp!

I can only vouch for my car, which is running an MBC set at 1 bar, a TRD exhaust, Hypersports downpipe, Blitz induction, Bailey BOV and an FCD, and it's well healthy mate. :thumbsup:

The main thing is that the rev1/2's are not running big bhp, but are running huge torque.

It's all about the turbo not being able to hold cold boost up to the red line.

Last time I got mine dyno'ed it was about 250bhp and 260ft/lb (12 months ago) at flywheel guestimates ..

The main thing is that the rev1/2's are not running big bhp, but are running huge torque.

Last time I got mine dyno'ed it was about 250bhp and 260ft/lb (12 months ago) at flywheel guestimates ..

Yeah

REV1/2's have higher compression ratios and larger ported heads which flow more air than the REV3+

This is what gives them more torque.

But what the REV3+ lose on Torque, they make up in power. Those CT26's are lame after 6000REVs......but I do like the kick you get with a CT26 over the CT20b :thumbsup::yes:

275bhp at the wheels. 280ft/lb torque. still need a remap.

Thought so Jim. :thumbsup:

Thought yours would be a lot more than that mate ... :huh:

Mine's going back on the rollers in January after being fitted with a GReddy eManage ECU, E-01 boost controller and a good mapping session. :thumbsup:

I've had a new clutch, WI, new boost controller and fuel controller since then, but not tuned and not dyno'ed ..

I can only tell ya what it was 12 months ago.

exhaust

226bhp 290lbs

Huh? It was running 20psi and only made 226bhp??? For a rev 2 to run 20psi, it MUST have had some serious mods to the turbo (or a replacement), and should definately be producing more hp than that. Crikey, Hedghog Dodger's monster is only running a little more boost than that, and it's well over 400bhp!

I can only vouch for my car, which is running an MBC set at 1 bar, a TRD exhaust, Hypersports downpipe, Blitz induction, Bailey BOV and an FCD, and it's well healthy mate. :thumbsup:

the 20 psi was someone being silly and just upping the boost purely for the rollers, as can be seen it doesn't do anything for bhp, makes massive torque tho.

I still can't imagine the rev 1 & 2 cars making all this power with out being remapped, on enquiring about unichip's i was told rev1&2 should see between 260 - 280 bhp max @ the flywheel and rev3+ 280 - 300 bhp @ the flywheel assuming the stock turbo and intercooler is being used.

I saw half a dozen rev1's hit the rollers on saturday and none made the bhp being suggested here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links