Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Cd/mp3 Player In Yaris

Half_Pint

Ok well here's a new one. i haven't seen anyone with this problem b4. The toyota vitz (yaris) i'm getting already has a factory cd player installed. thing is i want to change this... i wanna install my sony.

now conveniently the factory tape player has a nice place beneath it....BUT the cd player doesnt...as far as i know?!

can anyone shed any light on the situation?

if i'm not mistaken its a small compartment, possibly an ash tray.... but definately not enough space for a cd player there.

only alternative would be installing at the bottom of the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel. right under the electric mirrors controls.

but if there is a better option, possibly to remove the toyota cd player completely... i dunno.

I would replace that bottom half of the centre console with the UK version that has the factory CD and a standard head unit mounting hole.

Is your MGP etc dislpayed on that screen down the bottom then? If so then you would loose this with my porevious suggestion, the only other alternative is to check and make sure there is no other parts available from your dealer that would replace that lower section with a screen for the clock/mpg etc and a mounting hole for a headunit.

Dont mount it under the steering wheel as firstly it would look gash, you'd probly crash trying to change settings and if youve looked behind that bit of the dash theres no room anyway !

I think it states somewhere in some quality control procedure that all cars produced have to be able to take a standard CD player, either by standard, or with a conversion kit supplied by the manufacturer.

Steve.

yeah u're right about it looking gash. and it would be uncomfortable too....

toyota showroom said they do NOT have any kit and they simply pointed me to local shop which do car audio installations. well unless they supply kits which toyota dont then i dont think they can help much.

anothet option i thought of was switching the factory cd player with a factory tape player which has space for a cd player underneath... like so:

hifi_markus_radio2.jpg

honestly i dunno wot i'm gonna do.. i'll see wot my local car audio ppl say...but toyota dont seem to be helpin me much in this case.

thanks 4 d help steve.

Yeah but notice on this photo that where your little compartment is between the vents has the controls for the trip computer thingy, so yours must be on the CD player - if you take the cdplayer out what will you have left?

Steve.

erm there aint much space on the cd player display! i dont think all that info can be displayed. maybe its displayed on the main console? the 3d thingy.

:blink: ?

• 2 years later...

Ok well here's a new one. i haven't seen anyone with this problem b4. The toyota vitz (yaris) i'm getting already has a factory cd player installed. thing is i want to change this... i wanna install my sony.

now conveniently the factory tape player has a nice place beneath it....BUT the cd player doesnt...as far as i know?!

can anyone shed any light on the situation?

you can fit any player to the yaris as long as you have the bits?, if you want to get rid of the original crap cd/radio or cassette/radio you will need to get a facia panel for a y2000 toyota echo you can get one of those from eBay = eBay user id aceautopart_net or item no. 8031974305dash convertion for about $20 postage is about $35 though? this part will give you a double din hole and ditches the old unit, if you require a single din unit to be fitted then another converter is required you can get this from eBay again ebay user id autoware302 or item no 5832463987dash surround get the harness converter here too, i have bought all these items from the states and had no problems, these guys are helpful and genuine, hope this helps, cheers jg

:thumbsup: