Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Been Accepted For £5k Loan For Mr2 Gt Tbar

daz_mcneill

Yeay!! :D

Checked the mail today and my letter has arrived from Northern Rock saying that my loan request has been accepted!!! Yummy!!!!!!

Just worked out all my monthly expenses etc and I can easily afford it so its Next step new car!!

Ive decided that i want the NA GT-TBar so now Im starting to have a good search around and do a bit of research.

Ive had a look at a few buyers guides for this model for things to look out for but id like to know of any more guides out there (web links) if anyone knows any - I want to try and find out as much as possible!!

Next little request is if anyone can recommend any garages/sellers in the Manchester or nearby area (im based in Rochdale if anyone out there knows of it??). When i next get a day off (whats one of those??) im going to have a look around and view a few cars.

All help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers people!

Daz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daz_mcneill

• Fitz

• BlueMR2

• dudeone

Have a look in the stickies for the revision guides .. 5k should get you a rev3 ..

Drive as many as you can, you'll then know good vs bad examples.

AutoTrader is your best bet, there are usually a few this time of year ..

hi m8, £5k should get you a cracking rev3 or perhaps a rev5 if someone wants a quick sale - just luck of the draw really :)

a few sites for you;

imoc '2mart' - owners club cars, should be well looked after

mr2's on ebay

Just watch out for overpriced cars, alot of owners (especially those in clubs like imoc) seem to have an over-inflated value of their own car(s)

just let us know when you've found one :)

there is also some good buyers guide help at imoc

Daz just to give you an idea i bought my MR2 GTi T-BAR 1993 with 83,000 mile FTSH, 1owner from new and every reciept for everything the car ever had including reciepts for tyres and bulbs, and also the owner carried out an HPI check for the potential buyer for £3165. Mine is a Rev 2 but it just gives you an example of what you can get for your £5k so shop around and you should get a mint one :thumbsup:

I bought my '95 Rev3 in "showroom condition" last year for £4.5k. It also had every single service receipt and service stamp (all main dealer). It took me three months to find it but it was worth it. During those three months I saw nothing but what I considered was crap. I would expect for 4.5 - 5k you should be able to get a Rev4/5 now.

Good luck and follow Bibb's advice :thumbsup:

Thought It Was Too Good To Be True.....

well, rang the insurance comp to see how much it would cost to upgrade from a 1.8 RSi Clio to a NA Gt-Tbar. They rang me back and said something in the £2k+ region. Personally I think this is a little high...

Background:

In 2002 I had 3 years n.c. bonus and nearly hit the magic protected 4 years when some ***** ran into the back of me (march 03) and then drove off. Reportewd it to the police etc and then got a phonecall 3 days later from the police. Someone had come in about the accident. Turned out some little ******ers dad had made him go in and report it (we had been racing, whilst overtaking a bus I braked as it was my turn and his brakes wernt as good as mine). Anyway, that was sorted via Insurance....

2 weeks later I then had ANOTHER bump. Head on on a blind corner OUTSIDE my house!! Bump must have been at about 5mph if that and there was no damage to my car and only from what I could see minor damage to the other cars bumper and side indicator. Anyway this ***** wants to go through insurance and is blaming me!! I personally thought we should have just paid for our own damage. Anyway, went to the small claims court and it was decided it was 75% his fault and 25% mine) he was on the wrong side of the street, talking to his children in the back of the car, but because I wasnt 100% stationary it was 25% my fault!!! **** Crap)

Im 23 and currently only have 1years n.c. bonus with 3 months of my current insurance year to go. Im with "A Quote Insurance"

What are my options here? Should I wait till Feb 05 and then get the car or is it possible to go to another company whilst im still in my insurance year?? Any help on this would be HuGeLy appreciated as I was a bit gutted when she told me that down the phone... :ffs: :crybaby::wacko:

Just been on autotrader and used their insurance searcher. The lowest it found is Norwich Union Direct with a quote of £958.... that doesnt sound too bad....

Is the one where it was the other guys fault classed as a claim? Or is it just one's that are your fault?

Ive done the Norwich union one and they state that you only can only have 1 claim. If the one where it was the other guys claim is classed as one then i cant use them :crybaby:

excellent, that means I can use the norwich union one then....

will my current 9 months insurance mean anything when asking for a quote or can i take them with me? I presume that if I change companies I lose that 9 months? (its currently 1 year 9 months n.c.)

I was under the impression that points only counted for three years but stayed on licence for 5. Probably wrong tho. :rolleyes:

Daz, Try Adrian Flux, Hyperformance and Performance choice. These have all given excellent quotes for young drivers with high performance cars. I don't have their numbers to hand but what I did when I got my first sprots car was to buy a copy of *shivers* Max Power *shivers*

In the back they list loads of insurance companies, all who will do some nice quotes for the high risk area.

As for points, they are valid for three years, you can't have them taken off the licence for 4 years and most insurance companies want to know how many you have had in the last 5 years. Accident wise, insurance companies want to know details of accident in last 5 years, though some willonly ask for 3 years so listen carefully or they will add more details to their notes than they actually need!!!!!

Insurance claims are a pain. I've only had two accidents, both none fault but the last one I was hit up the rear at about 50mph and claimed personal injury. Now some insurance companies wont insure me due to the personal injury claim.

excellent, that means I can use the norwich union one then....

will my current 9 months insurance mean anything when asking for a quote or can i take them with me?  I presume that if I change companies I lose that 9 months? (its currently 1 year 9 months n.c.)

cancelling 9 months into a policy will mean u lose the 9 months and will have to start that year again.... :wacko:

adrian flux was highway robbery for me on a 95 gt4 , elephant is another name for admiral , cheapest i got was £505 on an imported gt4 from norwich union , personnaly i'd hang on another 3 months and have 2 years no claims :thumbsup:

adrian flux was highway robbery for me on a 95 gt4 , elephant is another name for admiral , cheapest i got was  £505 on an imported gt4 from norwich union , personnaly i'd hang on another 3 months and have 2 years no claims  :thumbsup:

Whats good for one will always be no good for another or everyone in the country would be insured with the same company.

Deffo worth waiting the extra 3 months to get the years no claims especially if you only have one or two years.

Deffo worth waiting the extra 3 months to get the years no claims especially if you only have one or two years.

Problem is that my current clio is struggling for life and I dont think it will last til feb, especially with all the cold weather comming up..... :crybaby:

I posted my loan acceptance form off today so i should have the £££ in the next couple of weeks. Gonna do a bit of ringing round on my next day off and see what the difference in prices are for 1 years n.c. and 2 years n.c.

If its a huge saving then I may just buy another iccle runabout till feb if the clio dies....

problem is I want my MR2 now!! Im such a child!!

yeah try adrian flux and report back , i'd like to know his quote , 2 days later you'll get an email from him knocking the price right down ,so hang on , and dont say yes to the first quote.mine went from £995 down to £ 636 in 48 hours , marvellous :yes:

northern rock payout after 24 hours of getting your forms , at a charge of £ 35 .

funny i just loaned from them to buy a gt4 this week too.points are for 3 years , most insurance companies kinda ignore it after year 2.

happy hunting my friend. :thumbsup:

If its a huge saving then I may just buy another iccle runabout till feb if the clio dies....

Gonna do a bit of ringing round on my next day off and see what the difference in prices are for 1 years n.c. and 2 years n.c.

problem is I want my MR2 now!!  Im such a child!!

Hi,

Generally NCD rise in this fashion when you run a policy for a full year without making a claim:

1YRs NCS = 35%

2YRs NCD = 45%

3YRs NCD = 55%

4YRs NCD = 60%

5YRs NCD = 65%

Hope this helps mate, and yeh give Adrian Flux a try as they quoted me the cheapest INs on a Tubby, £492

Dave

Just filled in the Adrian Flux insurance form so I'll hopefully get a quote tomorrow.

I'll try all the named insurers and let you know. I wont be able to try until Thursday as thats my day off and I dont get home from work until 8.30pm earliest. I'll see if any of them are still quoting at that time monday evening but I presume most will be closed.

On thursday i'll prob go through the yellow pages and car mags so i get to speak to alot of different companies. Fingers crossed!

Daz

Just filled in the Adrian Flux insurance form so I'll hopefully get a quote tomorrow.

I'll try all the named insurers and let you know.  I wont be able to try until Thursday as thats my day off and I dont get home from work until 8.30pm earliest.  I'll see if any of them are still quoting at that time monday evening but I presume most will be closed.

On thursday i'll prob go through the yellow pages and car mags so i get to speak to alot of different companies.  Fingers crossed!

Daz

Did you find out the extra cost on your current insurance for the remainder of the policy? Might work out beneficial if it means you get the 2nd year ncd.

My current insurance said they wouldnt cover me but said they found someone who would.... for £2.5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think so!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links