Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5e-fte! It Does Exist, Pics Inside!

agnesx

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay but been busy at work bleh bleh bleh,

anyhoo.. whilst i was at the Melbourne Auto Salon Semi Finals few months ago, i came across the ONLY SEO in the competition (plenty of hot modded ones in the carpark though hahaha), so :thumbsup: had to go give it some support!

at first i thought it was juss a normal seo with bodykit, lowered, nice big rims and exhaust, repainted and retrimmed...

but upon a closer inspection of the engine bay (ignore the green alien)... something wasn't quite right, infront of the raditor was another rig set up looked like small intercooler? i followed the shiny pipes around to this rusty thing that looked like a TURBO!?

mypic3.JPG

i was stunned!!!! now way i thought.. had a closer look at the rest of the engine bay.. sure enough, all the pipes were linked for the turbo rig to work properly!@!!

i ran around and look inside and sure enough on the dash, was a custom gauge with a small turbo icon, along with your boost and temp gauges and turbo timer...

mypic4.JPG

in the boot there was fully packed with 2 12" Speakers and a 2 vinyl disc turn table, along with all the neons and other visually asthetic goodies!@

i was in love.... seriously.. i asked around to talk to the owner of this magnificent seo but i couldn't find him/her!!!!! i really wanted to know what kit or what custom parts they have used to construct this beast!! and how does it run on the road......

oh.. if anyone here could shed some light would be fantastic also!!

hope you all enjoy this as much as i did~ have a great weekend guys

mypic5.JPG

mypic6.JPG

Its either a 4E-FTE transplant or a 5E/4E hybrid. The 5E-FTE was never produced by Toyota.

i know its not a 5efte, it was never made, but i dont know what to call this...

its def not a 4efte.. way to big!! the head is exact size as mine with is 5ehe, but with lots of extra bits on it.... i am no mechanic so i dont know what's what - esp that tube going into the top between the left most two spark plugs

looks like most of the parts minus the actual engine has been custom built - from the air intake to the thingo that mixes the air/fuel, to the shiny tubes connecting the turbo to the cooler/engine/dump pipe...

sigh i wonder if i will ever see it again....

The 5E and 4E are the same size externally, and they share the same basic cylinder head.

It looks like a 4E-FTE with front mount I/C and a custom exhaust manifold

Is the kit not the new gen2 X-Racing XXX kit

so ... its still a 4efte you guys reckon?

i haven't seen a 4e engine before so i dont know...

i thought 4es are 1.3L

and 5es are 1.5L so externally there will be a difference, if i am wrong and got ppl excited for the wrong reason.. apologies!!

the kit's not too shabby, though the headlight unit at the front doesn't look like the ones from X-racing (i dont have a pic but from memory it wasn't)

juss curious, the dash panel... looked like being converted from an automatic? the row of light boxes in the middle btn the tacho and the speedo? also what is that small circle with "turbo" light indicate? is this panel cluster from a starlet?

Whilst the capacity is bigger between 4E-FE and 5E-FE it is the stroke (height) that is different, not the bore size.

The dashboard is a Starlet one, this has a series of lights which indicate a rudimentary boost gauge. They're not very accurate, which is why one of the extra gauges is a boost gauge.

X Racing does a headlamp conversion, but those look like the stock or JDM versions to me.

I don't think its a turboed Paseo engine - why? Its got a seperate coil - I thought that on the paseo this was built into the distributor.

yea the coil is built into the dizzy on the gen 2. def 4e conv

are you sure that is a gen 2 not a gen1? because that looks like a gen 1 dash aswell

The coil were built in the distb. but you could modfy them to an external coil. thats what i did! And i have a Hybrid 5efhte! so it can be done.

Look at the chassis plate in the engine bay, it reads EL44R - DOMSKC

That would mean 1st gen Paseo...

Starlet GT Turbo engine though I reckon...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links