Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Tsport

Surinder

hi..

can anyone tell me what the differance (cars handling) is between just putting lowering springs in or putting in a new shock/spring set?

What i want to do is lower the car and stiffen the ride.

reason i ask, Toyota want to charge me £330 for springs and fitting for TTE lowering springs. That sounded a bit high to me just for a set of springs. (£137 for springs, rest labor)

Thanx..

Surinder...

was that hartwells mmm if so i i'll ask them same question to see if its the same price

As other's here say no more than 230ish

yes it was actually, have you had experience with them?

I have had some problems with them in the past, i am actually trying to get a price from toyota dealer in birmigham (star city) but the buggers never seem to answer their phone.

Surinder...

perfect candidates for gold membership then...........

when you join up, see which toyota dealer is near you that offers a gold discount on parts and labor and use them, when the dealer you wanted to use asks why you went somewhere else, you can say dealer ***** offers gold discount

maybe you can tell me if the starcity or hartwell dealer offers a discount :P

If so i'll definitely become a member as the lowering kit is a birthday present from my missis and the big day is gettin closer :D

Surinder...

if u dont ask u dont get it....

Hi sthandi Welcome to the club. About the lowering springs i had my 2 Yaris T Sports done last week. I payed £226 each to have them done. So keep pushing to get the price down. Theres no need for them to charge you so much money on the bloody labour :angry:

jerry!!

Had mine done two weeks ago and it came in below £240. The handling is better, but for me the look was worth it on its own-it no longer looks as if it's on stilts!

Cheers, Peter

hartwell ha!

bought my car from them and the sales guy was great but as for the service mmm still awaiting the call for my alloys replacements week and a half ago and the guy was a bit cocky for my liking might go back to westlands as it only down the road as the back supension is playing up making creaking noise and other things too.

tempted to get mine lowered too if they are going to take it apart. dose anyone know if i get a parts discount of 5% as i am with club toyota until 2004.

hi..

hartwell, had an problem with their financial advisor, who (and boss included) quite conveniently left the company around the time i made my complaints. They did refund some of my losses and gave me 4 years free servicing.

As for the sales team, i knew as soon as i walked into the showroom which car i wanted (even though i had never seen a tsport yaris before), so they didnt realy have a hard job to do.

The parts department have been brilliant, and no problems with the service team so far, apart from qouting daft prices by the looks of it. Althouh sometimes their left hand doesnt talk to the right which can be annoying.

Surinder...

quick round up on prices, non of the dealers would budge on their original prices. :angry: bit of price fixin goin on me thinx

Hartwell (Wolverhampton)

Springs - 117

Lab - 183 (3 hours !! everyone else said 2)

Total - 300 + vat

Toyota World (Star City)

Springs - 117

Lab - 120

Total - 237 + vat

Westlands (Stourbridge)

Springs - 128

Lab - 110

Total - 238 + vat

Worst thing is i actually baught my car from Hartwell!!!

Might get my local grage to fit them for me ....

Surinder..