Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Glanza Update

glanzajim

Cause FMI's are ££££££ :lol: I Dunno bud it came with the car....so i dunno what the difference would be. But my car tuns .95bar and copes well :)....ufortunatly i believe it is running slightly lean op end...gonna get an AFPR and hope it sorts it out :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glanzajim

• Rubix_cube

• little_star

• crystalize

well my adjustable fuel regulator solved my lean prob and gave me more power :D and they are progessional so once set properly should not need doin again. i want to get mine runnin about the same sort of boost i have a blitz duel sbc dc 2 boost controller on the way, cant wait for it to arrive , what boost controller you runnin?

Jim

i prob will mate ive already had a quote of 480 fitted hence the reason for workin 12 hour shifts at the mo (if only i could work nights)

Jim

I have the Blitz Duel SBC Spec R and its **** hot. Still aint tweeked with it yet due to havin just found instructions in English :lol: I have seen an FMI for 470 plus delivery from JapLand. Wanna get my fueling sorted...might look into that later :)

jims fuel reg was about 200 fitted and set up on the rollers. car must have had 11- 15 runs on the rollers to set it up!!

thanks for puttin that on darlin ive looked at the recipt and it was £190 all in, for parts fittin and set up and i think it was nearer 15 runs to set it right but well worth it, it made one hell of a differance :D

Jim

no its not a gtir rep mate if you see them at the same time they are totally different mine flips up where as the gtir's flair out

Jim

I'd save the money and do a custom FMIC..

Why? (escaping the obvious question of why would you fit an FMIC to an S)

The TMIC system actually works quite well on Toyota cars, the rubber channel for flowing air on to the intercooler has been shown in tests on the celica gt4 to lower intake temps by 40 degress compared to when its not there, and you can expect roughly the same on the Glanza. You dont have to mess about with IC piping and RX-7 cores are cheap as chips, and handily enough, a good half inch thicker and inch wider and couple of inches longer. They are designed to flow more air than the 4efte can chuck at them hence you have less pressure drop across the IC so your turbo can be in a more efficient range of its compressor cycles and deliver the same boost to the manifold. Oh yeah, and you save at least a meter of FMIC piping, which would increase turbo lag, and believe me, the great feature of Rubix's glanza is how willing it is to pull in every gear from very low revs with the turbo spinning up almost instantly.

Wullie, where you looking at for your FMIC? Havent had time to check any places out yet since the Uni works been a !Removed!, but hopefully come december I'll have time to go check out some tuning shops in the Tokyo Bay area.

Your right mate it's all about where your headding with your car if your sticking with the standard turbo then an upgraded TMIC is the way to go but if you have slipped onto the rocky road of turbo conversions :rolleyes: ;) :yes: then FMIC is the only way to go.

So are you over in japan for some time then fella? So envy you if you are :thumbsup:

Oh and Jim where did you get your can set-up need somewhere to tune mine soon.

Cheers

Simon

I'm coming home in month, gutted basically! Been studying out here and I just love it.

Duno how much space there is behind the bumper on the Glanza but I have an ST185 air to air intercooler kicking about if anyone wants a cheap FMIC core. Its pretty big and can easily flow 250hp's worth of air.

I understand what you guys are saying about the fmic and tmic but i'm doing a 4efte conversion to my sr, and to save money i am going to run a fmic to save buying bumper, lights and bonnet. Is it woth me sticking with tmic and uprating to rx7 or going ahead with fmic as long as i get fcd (fuel cut defencer) and fpr (fuel pressure regulator). Won't a b.o.v solve the prob of lag (re-circulating one??) Help appreciated tobs

I understand what you guys are saying about the fmic and tmic but i'm doing a 4efte conversion to my sr, and to save money i am going to run a fmic to save buying bumper, lights and bonnet. Is it woth me sticking with tmic and uprating to rx7 or going ahead with fmic as long as i get fcd (fuel cut defencer) and fpr (fuel pressure regulator). Won't a b.o.v solve the prob of lag (re-circulating one??) Help appreciated tobs

In your case I can see the logic of going for a FMIC, but never mind fuel cut defender, apparently the ecu has maps for up to 1.2 bar, but run that kind of boost and the engine will go pop pretty quick I hear. The CT9 is a great little turbo for quick response and low down torque, but pushing big air is not its thing and it gets out its efficiency range at those kinds of pressures. When a turbo gets out its efficiency range it still flows air, but its hotter air and this can lead to det.

In your case I can see the logic of going for a FMIC, but never mind fuel cut defender, apparently the ecu has maps for up to 1.2 bar, but run that kind of boost and the engine will go pop pretty quick I hear. The CT9 is a great little turbo for quick response and low down torque, but pushing big air is not its thing and it gets out its efficiency range at those kinds of pressures. When a turbo gets out its efficiency range it still flows air, but its hotter air and this can lead to det.

im just wonderin would it be ok for my glanza to run 0.9 bar on the standard ct9 once my boost controller arrives? its still got the standard tmic but after reading this im now very tempted with an rx7 intercooler. :)

Jim

Can someone convert psi to bar for me i.e 1 bar = 13 psi???? Whats the max for the ct9? I will aslo be using a cat-back ss exhaust, 2.5 inch piping from WEPR on gtturbo.com. With a fmic and exhaust, wouln't i not need both a fpr and fcd. Will be running standard boost untill i can afford a boost controller. tobs

p.s will the exhaust raise the boost without me noticing or is there a device that prevents this (or do i have my wires crossed!!) cheers.

Hey mate been looking on http://www.takakaira.com/ for my FMI its a Trust one. Is a fair amount of pennies...im gonna be stripping the AirCon out so was thinking of getting a custum one.

Jim mine runs .95 bar (14psi) and is fine.....however...i have realsised when reaching top end it creeps up to 1bar...when it does this the fuel system leans its self..... if i lift off slightly (so boost preasure drops down to .95 again) the car actually pulls better. (although at a 130 it made a funny noise :blink:)

thats good to hear so mine will hopefully bo ok runnin the 1 bar im after i cant wait for my boost controller to arrive so i can unleash some more of the glanza potential, plus with my fuel reg it should be ok fuel wise. :D

also im now looking into a water spray system for the top mount to keep her cool working in a business that builds industrial glass washers opens many doors and contacts to various pumps, jets, and pipe work etc so should be fun.

cheers for the info rubix

Jim

Jim i made a similar system myself as i work for an Agricultural sprayer manufacture and got all my bits from work it worked well but you have to get the water just right as too much can get down the leads to the plugs and cause a misfire.

Simon

If your machine is staying stock or bordering line well yes a TMIC will do, but if you do plan on however modifying the turbo and converting into some bigger power then the FMIC is a nice investment that will pay off in the long run, I guess it comes down to what you want to achieve.

P.S I wasn't referring to fit the FMIC to my S, I meant if I had a charged engine.

cheers for that info sy ill have to make sure i cet a mist more than a spray, need new plugs and leads anyway so maybe a good time to play before i swap them over.

Jim