Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Choice

longhallage

Hi chaps

I am thinking of buying a set of yokohama A539's for touring (see Family forum - 'wheel shims') and was wondering if anyone had any opinions of them. I have heard they are dodgy in the wet but I will mainly beusing them in the dry where they are reported to be superb.

Thanks

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I got a set of yokies when i got my new rims (15" TWS razors) Ive had no probs with them dry or wet (im in cornwall and its usually wet ;)

Panzer

the are supposed to have a really soft compound to them which means they stick like glue in the dry, but then they where a bit quicker cos of it too. the tread design on them isnt best for rain displacement that why the reports havent been the best for wet conditions.

as far as dry tyres go, you cant knock em.

running A539's on the rear. Great tyre, no probs. At £35 each you can't complain (195/60/15).

I just got some yoko s306's too, they seem pretty stable to me in the wet so far, not had much chance to test them in the dry thanks to the great british climate :(

will see how I get on and let u know :)

Sam

:yes:

I have A539s all round, never had any problems with them at all, I'd say they were a very good all round tyre :thumbsup:

just taken my car out for a good country lane session in slightly damp conditions

must say that the grip levels were very good, am impressed :D

Sam :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Try Eagle F1's................you'll never look elsewear again. :D

How much are the F1' s then ? For 205 45 17

Kev