Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mkii Supra

gus

Hey guys and doll's

Am i the only person registered with is TOC with a MKII supra or more commonly known as a Celica Supra before the big devide a few years ago.

if so then thats going to be a bit of a novelty in May

second is mine the oldest little !Removed! house in texas...........Sorry ment is mine the oldest car registered (and still racing) or can anybody go older than '85.

would be interested to know

only been with TOC for a couple of weeks so just getting to know you all

:blink:

The conversion i have looked into and unless you are a fully qualified toyota mechanic and just won the lottery then forget it.

the money and time involved are enormous.

i have just a lot of work done to mine as it is. so the bank balance looking a little nasty at the mo :(

But the other half bless her :P sorted that one out.

dont supose anybody knows were i can get a set of seat covers to fit the beast from do they???? <_<

think i may have to have them made but that will just about cost as much as having the seats completely replaced. :o

nevermind suppose i better get some work done and stop using the firms internet connection for personal use. B)

I know its expensive, but its not out of ecomical reason.. doesnt have to be 2J.. a 1JZ would suffice i think :D and would be more than enough. The 1J would be easier and cheaper than the 2J, and just as good.

Besides which it wouldnt go anywhere near a toyota mechanic.. i gaurantee if i took my engine to a toyota mechanic he wouldn't know the first thing about it...

Hi Gus,

Nice to see another Mk 11 member. Had mine (1985 B reg) 4 years and finally put it on the road May 1st. Going well except diff oil seal leak.

Anymore Mk 11 members out there?

Ian

Cambridge

Definately not the oldest on the forum.....

Here's Scot's....

DSC01677.JPG

1973 Celica with racing cam's, twin webber 45's and a whole host of other bits and bob's, still driven hard and sounds absolutely amazing.....

I had an '84 RA22 a few weeks back but the engine blew up while driving it home after picking it up and would have cost silly money to put another engine in it even though I had the other engine.....

Shame you guys didn'#t see the post as you could have had it for free, all the panels & interior were in superb condition, original alloy's in good nick too....

I have more toyotas

crown'69 2M (MS55)

crown'70 5M (MS55)

corolla'80 3T-C (TE72)

corolla'81 3T-C (TE72)

carina'80 4A-GE (TA47)

supra'84 5M-E (MA61)

camry'88 3S-GE (SV21)

celica'88 3S-GE (ST162)

1969 is a little old but no race and no celica :P

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new to the club but have owned my 86 mkii celica supra since 1994 - has been off the road for the last 4 yrs but i have kept her running. It lives in my sisters garage (no rent - generous sister)

Hoping to get her MOT'd in the next couple of weeks and back on the road - just spent £400 plus on new tyres for the original alloys. Will have to see what it fails on but finances now allow a bit of expenditure.

Bodywork is pretty good with a bit of rust showing on the sunroof corners but nothing on the tailgate.

Done about 111,000 miles had 54,000 when I bought her. I used to own a 84 celica xt liftback but when I passed the garage where the supra was for sale and I had to have it.My brother in law bought the xt off me.

I currently drive a 97 Mazda Mx6 which is a really nice car but have never been able to pluck up the courage to sell the supra.

Luckily my wife has never even mentioned it as she knows I would really regret it if it ever went. In fact she was the one encouraging me to get it back on the road.

Be glad to here from any other mkii owners out there.

Trev

:( Sorry can't make it - A new addition to the family is due on the 29th July. Maybe next year.

Trev

:group-cuddles: :thumbsup: hi trev,

hows the world of the mkii. had mine about the same length of time as you and what a lot of fun. at the moment have to replace the whole engine after a long running sarger with new bits here and there. not as big a job as i first thought. hardest job was finding a decent engine to put in......pitty you cant make it JAE would have been nice to have two there...

Hi Trev

You say you put a new set of tyres on. Presume they are Avon? Has this improved ride and did they all balance up ok? Mine has got 5 year old Avons on and the only thing I can fault the car on is wheel vibration :help: - balancing does not cure it - the tyre company I use hate these Avons and says they go out of round- so they recon I should renew them even though the tread is still good.

Hey all mkii owners. I saw someone posted about seat covers for their mkii, a company wet okolie (I dont know if I have thay spelled right) makes seat covers for the mkii, they are made out of neoprene (wet suit material), I've seen them on mkii's and you wouldnt know the seats were covered. If your looking for mkii's go to www.celicasupra.com, Im a member over there and the post board is really good.

-K

I have replaced them with Avons again as this seems to be the only tyre available - Although they are beginning to be a bit difficult to find. I did have trouble with wheel vibration on mine before I had the tyres replaced but I reckon they have flatspotted as it has been pretty much stationary for three years. Fitting the new tyres has cured it. I have never had any engine problems with mine (touch wood) although it has a mainly Toyota service history. I used to own 2 at one point an automatic alongside my manual but that turned into a bit of a money pit and had never been looked after properly in the first place so I sold it on. Did have problems with the starter motor which was a bit of a pig to remove/refit but was cheap to actually fix. Hope JAE is a good one and hope you get good weather.

Trev

Jae should be good whatever the weather..........the only tyres i can fit to mine are avons as well the ohter manufactures dont seem to cater for our needs :crybaby:

i see what you mean about the auto's being a money pit........has any body ever done an auto to manual conversion on a MKII

would like to know how easy or hard to do :thumbsup:

roll on JAE :thumbsup::drool::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: