Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecu Error Codes

veilside_mr2

ive done the ecu error code to try and find out what was wrong with my car, i was fully expecting to get the code for the air flow meter as I was told its the air flow meter which was the problem.

but instead i got the code for the Turbo pressure sensor (code 35), it was either that or the 53 code, knock indicator sensor.

What would be the cause for these 2 errors and are they common?, what would happen to the car if the turbo pressure sensor or knock sensor were faulty and how hard are these to replace/fix?

ive done the ecu error code to try and find out what was wrong with my car, i was fully expecting to get the code for the air flow meter as I was told its the air flow meter which was the problem.

but instead i got the code for the Turbo pressure sensor (code 35), it was either that or the 53 code, knock indicator sensor.

What would be the cause for these 2 errors and are they common?, what would happen to the car if the turbo pressure sensor or knock sensor were faulty and how hard are these to replace/fix?

If the Knock Sensor was faulty then the car would be in Learn Mode as it would 'think' it would be detecting Knock/Detonation......GTs Chris sells Uprated Chevvy Knock Sensors......Give him a shout, they are normally on E-Bay....tell him Hedgehog Dodger sent you :thumbsup:

If the Turbo Pressure sensor was faulty, depending on how it was at fault...then your ECU would have no reading on what pressure the turbo was spooling up to....have you got an EBC linked up to the Pressure Sensor?

:thumbsup:

If the Knock Sensor was faulty then the car would be in Learn Mode as it would 'think' it would be detecting Knock/Detonation......GTs Chris sells Uprated Chevvy Knock Sensors......Give him a shout, they are normally on E-Bay....tell him Hedgehog Dodger sent you :thumbsup:

If the Turbo Pressure sensor was faulty, depending on how it was at fault...then your ECU would have no reading on what pressure the turbo was spooling up to....have you got an EBC linked up to the Pressure Sensor?

ive got a turbo xs dual solenoid boost controller, not sure how its "plugged in" though.

if the car is in learn mode would that make it not let me boost at all?, because when i try to accelarate, the boost starts to wind up..but as it tries to "kick in" it just sorta..well..doesnt, it just stutters and if nethin the car slows down..supposedly its overfuelling a lot too.

if the car is in learn mode would that make it not let me boost at all?, because when i try to accelarate, the boost starts to wind up..but as it tries to "kick in" it just sorta..well..doesnt, it just stutters and if nethin the car slows down..supposedly its overfuelling a lot too.

It sounds like the car is overfuelling and your injectors are running at 100%

What boost are you running and at what Duty cycle?

ive just had my new turbo fitted recently, a gt28rs, and it was runnin at about 13psi ish for 1 day,...then it started doing this.

its just got standard injectors at the moment and i hav no idea what duty cycle :wacko:

weird thing is the accelaration was stuttery b4 i got the new turbo too, when i switched it to 15psi and floored it,...it would stutter, ive ordered the dizzy cap and rotor arm as im hoping its an ignition problem, but its so bad now that i dont know what it could be.

ive just had my new turbo fitted recently, a gt28rs, and it was runnin at about 13psi ish for 1 day,...then it started doing this.

its just got standard injectors at the moment and i hav no idea what duty cycle  :wacko:

weird thing is the accelaration was stuttery b4 i got the new turbo too, when i switched it to 15psi and floored it,...it would stutter, ive ordered the dizzy cap and rotor arm as im hoping its an ignition problem, but its so bad now that i dont know what it could be.

Does the exhaust make popping noises when it splutters? if so it will be an ignition problem....personally if you have got a REV1/2 I wouldnt have the boost set to anything above 1bar 15psi, as the injectors are made to work even harder as the AFM maxes out, resulting in Major overfuel.

I had this on my old REV2 and when boosting the turbo would reach 1.1bar but then at 4500 revs the injectors would shove in so much fuel that the boost would drop to around 0.8bar

Change the Dizzy Cap/Rotar Arm and also check the plugs and see what happens....easy enough job to be honest.

yep its poppin and splutterin and all sorts of stuff lol...sounds great but i know its not supposed to do it all that much.

i took it to john noble motorsport the other day, and they said it felt like the spark was being blown out, so they changed the plugs and leads...but they didnt mention the rotor arm and dizzy cap...supposedly the technicial said after he change the plugs and leads it felt a bit better, and it was boosting but woz still "surging" so he put it on the rolling road to try and sort it out.

the rolling road bloke said it was overfuelling and he said it was the afm that needed changing. but surely if it was the afm wouldnt i have an afm error code?

i was going to replace the afm with a rev 3 style map/mat sensors and fit an apexi power fc too to solve this problem, (as afm from toyota was £500 :blink: ), plus i was told it would be good for tuning the cars ignition and timing etc and controlling the rev 3 injectors and walbro pump im also getting fitted because of this problem.

all in all its costin me about £1,300 quid to get it right, and if it turns out to just be the dizzy cap and rotor arm i`ll b very happy..but also annoyed at the same time lol.

(sorry about the essay)

rev 1&2 dont have air flow meters? they have air temp sensor which is about £20-£30 if knock sensor is faulty then it would run lean, what was the error code?

its the rev1/2 that do hav the air flow meter, and the rev3+ that dont, they have the map and mat sensor instead.

the error code was 35.