Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattles From The Dash

Got a Yaris T Sport afew weeks ago and put an HKS filter in to it....Since puttin the filter on im getting really bad rattles from in an around the dash board area whenever im driving....

Any 1 else had this problem.....if so how did ya fix it??

Cheers.

Hi mate and welcome! :thumbsup:

I had this problem before my induction kit which i now haven't got (long story) and its an easy problem to solve!

I bet you think its coming form inside, well its not its actually coming from outside. If u look at where the wipers are connected to its a big piece of plastic, push and pull at that and you will see it has a bit of play in it, its that which is flappin about and hittin the windscreen 100000000 times a second! Just get some sticky foam pads and place them underneath this and :hokus-pokus: problem solved!

Sorry if this sounded harsh/rude in any way, I wos out last nite and I'm still gone! :wacko:

Hi mate and welcome! :thumbsup:

I had this problem before my induction kit which i now haven't got (long story) and its an easy problem to solve!

I bet you think its coming form inside, well its not its actually coming from outside. If u look at where the wipers are connected to its a big piece of plastic, push and pull at that and you will see it has a bit of play in it, its that which is flappin about and hittin the windscreen 100000000 times a second! Just get some sticky foam pads and place them underneath this and  :hokus-pokus:  problem solved!

Sorry if this sounded harsh/rude in any way, I wos out last nite and I'm still gone! :wacko:

Ah right i get, i thought it was coming from the dash, was really startin to annoy me. Ill try that and see if it work. Thanks for ur help mate, much appreciated. :D

If it doesn't work mate just drop us a line in this thread! Someone else may confirm this in a while! :thumbsup:

its true any rear facing induction kit will cuase the dash to vibrate

crappy cars them toyotas ya know :o :rolleyes:

:D

Ryan 1985 is hundred percent here - I had the same, followed the same advice and its cured!

Just call me Ryan mate! :)

I had the same problem as described by Ryan on mine when it was new, was sorted under warranty. Is quite a common rattle on the Yaris I think, and really does sound like it is coming from inside - it had the dealer foxed for a couple of days while they took my dash to bits!

Yeah i got the same problem and it tends to be even more annoying with an induction kit!!

Just a quick question though. Where'd u get the sticky foam pads from and i assume they have to be black to match the plastic thing right??

Cheers :thumbsup:

Yeah black would be good but u really shouldn't be able to see much of the foam pads if any of them! :thumbsup:

Dunno where I got mine, can't remember! :wacko:

I used draft sealant tape .. which is white - but you just tuck it under the trim to take up the slack - not visible, but effective ...

Clarky

PS If you get similar noises from the tailgate its the lock drying out - bit of vaseline and bobs your mothers brother!

Im gettting a kind of squeak from the back of my car when I drive over bumps or rough road but is quiet when the road is smooth ..dunno how to get rid of it though

Im gettting a kind of squeak from the back of my car when I drive over bumps or rough road but is quiet when the road is smooth ..dunno how to get rid of it though

:hokus-pokus:

That'll be the the locking mechanism of the hatch squeaking.

Mine has been regreased on many occasions... :thumbsup:

Ryan 1985 is hundred percent here - I had the same, followed the same advice and its cured!

Just call me Ryan mate! :)

So I guess its Ryan1985 cus of the year you were born. Well I guess mine should be s0cks1985! Thats right - we are 'born on the same year buddies'!!! :D :group-cuddles:

I think I may have taken in too many exhaust fumes :blink: