Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Ii

Jonbo

I have a 92 Carina II 1.6 petrol 16 valve.

It was running perfectly, then suddenly it decided not to run below 4000rpm. It seems as if it's running on just the accelerator pump. It starts but you have to pump the pedal all the time to keep it running.

Any ideas?

Jonbo

It was running perfectly, then suddenly it decided not to run below 4000rpm. It seems as if it's running on just the accelerator pump. It starts but you have to pump the pedal all the time to keep it running.

Any ideas?

Jonbo

Any ideas?

Jonbo

Are you sure that it's the carb?

Is it running rough at higher revs? If so, it'll only be firing on 3 cylinders.

If firing on all 4 check the timing/advance mechanism before tampering with the carb.

If the carb it would be the idle jets but as to which ones they are - I haven't a clue!

• 3 months later...

if it wont run below 4k as you say then you have a bloked idel jet the easy way to sort it it to remove the air filter then remove the mixture screw(which is set behind the carb) and get an air compressor and gun and shoot it through with compressed air that will clear it then replace the screw to about halfway leaving the filter off start the car allow it to warm up then turn in the screw untill it begins to run rough then turn it out to smothe it out then rev it a few times and when your happy that its all running smoothe replace the air filter and your done. and the pat your self on the back youve just sorted your car as i had the same problem on my car which is the same as yours.same model and year

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links