Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need A New Alarm

mrfil13

I need a new key fob for my celica alarm, but toyota said the key fob is about £90 + 30 mins labour to code it. So not cheap, plus i need new ultra sonic sensers so the lot will cost about £200 before fitting.

So can anyone recommend a Alarm/Imobiliser with a interior senser. I want a insurance approved cat1 system.

Plus lots more features, i was looking at a toad AI606 or something. Which is about £250 with fitting.

Any suggestions or experiances with this alarm.

Cheers

i'm having the ai606 fitted this wednesday for £ 219 , was £ 199 if car went to them to fit it , but the guy is doing it at my home. i will let you know if its any good , but it makes good reading on the toad web site.

Where are you getting the alarm from, is there a website or number, any idea if they have a range at which they will fit, im in the north east.

Also are you getting any of the other sensers fitted.

http://www.hedley-towbars.co.uk/index.htm

what other sensors ???

A comprehensive range of security features including door, bonnet and boot protection, ultrasonic interior protection, 2 circuit immobilisation, a self powered siren and distress alert is complemented by many convenient enhancements including remote control central locking, system override, headlight operation and vehicle dependent window and sunroof close.

Thatcham alarm with 2x high security remotes

Double circuit immobiliser

Door, bonnet and boot protection

Ultrasonic interior protection

Panic alert button on remote control

Status LED

Battery backup siren will continue even if intruder cuts all the cables

Programmable auto door locking when car is started, designed to prevent car jacking

Remote controlled headlight timer

Remote controlled tailgate/ boot opening.

Flashing indicators

all as standard . :thumbsup::thumbsup:

the ai606 dont come with shock sensor , the alarm wont sound until either a window is smashed or door actually opened. so thats bumped up the price another £38 which i think is pretty !Removed! , seeing as a cheapo alarm from argos has built in shock sensor and works pretty damn good too. its fitted tomorrow morning , report back later on the progress of are they any good these alarms. :thumbsup:

fitted in 3.5 hours good tidy job , no problems as yet , simple to use , immobilises the car in 15 seconds when you remove the keys too . shock sensor is good idea as it only bleeps to warn the first knock , which could just be a passing truck = false alarm usually , but with this it just bleeps , second whack and all hell breaks loose , flashing lights indicators and the siren is well loud. well worth the money in my opinion. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool i will have to sort out a new alarm, ive been looking at that one for a while so should get it sorted really, cheers. Presume there was no problem with removing the old alarm, plus can you change the sensitivity of the ultra sonic seners and the shock senser.

firstly there was no alarm in it to start with ( jap import )

here's a list of what you can do.

1 press = arm/disarm

2 quick presses = arms alarm but not ultrasonics

button 1, 2 presses , button 2, 1 press = armed with single stage shock sensor /no ultrasonics

button 1 , 2 presses, button 3 , 1 press = armed with two stage shock sensor/no ultrasonics

button2 then button 3 = no arming chirp

hold button 1 for 3 seconds , panic attack and unlocks car

ultra sonics and shock sensor have individual screws for adjustment :thumbsup:

doors auto lock when you drive off , no hijacking ( can be turned off )

doors auto open on engine switch off

immobilised at 2 points of your choice - i chose starter and fuel pump.

in the event of losing the fob or malfunction , you can enter your fob code using the ignition key in a certain manner. which renders the immobiliser disabled.