Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time To Buy.....

Hedgehog Dodger

Just looking at how cheap the market place is for MR2 now....seems to me like its best to buy over winter when looking as they are so cheap...

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH

I remember 2 years ago when I bought my REV2 Turbo for £5250.00

Offsidefrontlow.JPG

And I sold it for £5500.00 about 10 months ago...mind you, I did spend about £3000.00 modding/repairing her.....How prices have fallen :eek:

I think all MR2 owners should make a pact and start putting the prices of the cars up.......I have now seen 2 chavs round where I live with Tubbies...Maxed out with Neons etc...

2 years ago these cars were are rare as anything on the roads!!!!

:help:

Reason is the chavs, about 1 - 2 years ago they bought the first clapped out crash repaired ones appearing about for £1500 ish... Then these scum put neons etc on the cars... that killed the prices, poeple started having to get rid of them cheap so they couldn't be accused of being a chav.

EXACTLY the same thing happed to Impreza's about 3 years ago, now brand new imprezas with delivery miles are worth sod all because the Chav image has stuck with them.

Yeah MR2's are much more common than a few years ago, I see them on the roads almost on a daily basis. Haven't really seen many 'chavs' driving them, it's usually blokes aged 25-35 or occasionally middle aged women. I'm sure there are some young racers who own them though, like any car once they become cheap. Mine probably looks a bit racey coz of my big exhaust and stickers <_< .

Yeah MR2's are much more common than a few years ago, I see them on the roads almost on a daily basis. Haven't really seen many 'chavs' driving them, it's usually blokes aged 25-35 or occasionally middle aged women. I'm sure there are some young racers who own them though, like any car once they become cheap. Mine probably looks a bit racey coz of my big exhaust and stickers  <_< .

i look young and drive an mr2 so does that make me a boy racer? im not havin a rant but i think whats bringin prices down is the cost of petrol, silly insurance and depreciation of course, people are lookin more towards smaller engines and diesels nowadays.

when i decided to get an mr2 i looked round for months to show my g/f what one looked like, now theyre all over, 3 are practically identical to mine round here!

just wait until next year when the (year 95) rev 3 prices will drop due to the imports that are 10yrs old not needing an sva test.

lots of cheap imports about!

just wait until next year when the (year 95) rev 3 prices will drop due to the imports that are 10yrs old not needing an sva test.

lots of cheap imports about!

May have to get rid of mine before then :rolleyes:

*95 rev 3 owner*

prices will fall, the older the car gets the less it's worth!

I dunno, my '88 supra tt supra and '82 6 series beamer are going up in value ;)

I love the MR2 , but the fact that they are suddenly apearing everywhere, and there are a lot of really chavvy modded ones out there makes me want to move on....

I've never unnder stood.... with a car they have stopped making, it gets cheaper then suddenly you see them everywhere.....

But they had stopped making them when you didn;t see them everywhere??? They seem to crawl out of the woodwork and apear as they get cheaper :lol:

The AW-11s are slowly creaping up in prce too.... I'm half keeping my eyes out fora nice supercharger to replace my mk2 :thumbsup:

well with the exception of that perversion in value karmasupra, those cars you own have become classic/collectable

mk2 mkr2's certainly aren't rare enough to be called 'classic'

yea well anyone with £1500 can get an MR2 now, so it's hardly exclusive!

Those sound like words of jealousy :rolleyes:

I hate to say this on the forum, but you can't possibly think a 1l Yaris is more exclusive/nicer/faster than an MR2? :o

:P

You know SystemG, if you have a problem with me you can pm me..

I don't recall saying anything about the yaris being "exclusive/faster/nicer"

Why the patronising attitude all the time? It was only the other week I was helping you with your new computer.

I could say a few things about you and your jealousy of mr2's, but then i'm not that low.

" :P "

Its true you can get chav market examples for £1500. Theres 2 new owners with chav like tendancies up here in Glasgow.One has a very nice rev2 tubby and the other is a vielside kitted 2 also nice. Its pretty damn annoying because you nod and give the "alright" as you drive past, they give you a chavvy sneer..like somehow "you" have "copied" them. what utter retards.

The only saving grace is the confidence I have in them writing the car off within a month. Ive seen chavs in mr2s b4 regularly cruisin and then they suddenly 'dissappear' haha...no doubt they think they can drive the mr like a FF fiesta which they no doubt previously owned. ;)

Crash n burn mofos.

Im hoping if I leave my REV5 turbo standard, it won't loose too much, obviously I expect the worst and expect it to lose some money but at one point it looked like it was worth more than I bought it for!

I all depends where you live. If you look on autotrader for MR2's around Bristol there arent that many for sale which is surprising considering there are so many import centers around here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links