Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhausts

Wraith

Hi, i've just bought a new Celica (VVT-i) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good exhaust systems (or just back boxes) that give a decent power increase, and give the car a nicer "growl" than it already has!

I've browsed the net but i can't find much, and the Toyota twin exit exhaust is pretty damn horrible!

Any help would be great

Cheers!

Try Powerflow, they have loads of dealers & can produce the backbox or complete system to your specifications.

Mine sounds excellent, the car sounded bad before it was fitted!

Prices: Backbox: £180

Full System: £280

I think colins mongoose exhasut system is the best bet. Powerflow make good looking exhausts, but colins offer a twenty year history of making parts for top fuel drag racers. I have a mongoose and it sounds good and it adds power which is the most important bit!

My full system with a 3.5" tail pipe was £360. You can have a CAT bypass from the downpipe back

What kind of Power increase would I be expecting to get from fitting a decent exhaust system? Do you know how much you got from yours?

You're looking at a realistic gain of 5bhp at the peak, although some exhausts have dynoed up to 15bhp at lower revs increase. You will certainly get some torque improvement aswell. It kind of depends on a few factors... e.g. diameter and smoothness, removal of silencer(s) and cat(s) - quality of manifold etc etc

I would say 5bhp is a good gain, and better torque and drivability through the range... don't be fooled by Nova driver comments of "I got 20bhp from a cone filter and zorst" because is just doesn't happen!

Incidentally - check out the quality of the Powerflow franchise you go to first - the quality of the end product is entirely dependent on the quality of the welder that does the job - and I have seen some examples of shoddy jobs at Powerflow franchises in the past. A better and slightly more expensive option is Longlife Exhausts... www.longlife.co.uk (I think) who are much better quality suppliers. For normal aftermarket system suppliers, I think in the UK market Mongoose are the best.

Thanks for the info guys. The thing is I live in Jersey (Channel Islands!) so I'd be ordering the stuff from the internet, and getting my local dealer to fit it. The problem is I can't find mongooses website (do they have one??)

Could someone please tell me any good websites that do good quality performace parts for the celica!

Thanks again!

Roadrunner Motorsport are quite good for mail order exhausts, i'd get the number from the site though & call them as they have much more stock than the listed stuff on the site -

www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk

A word of warning - when i used to work at halfords we had a few mongoose systems returned to us because of weak brackets / broken welds.....

I have fitted my mongoose exhaust and have had no problems with it. Besides there are warrantys so why worry about a bracket breaking. Infact I bet that alot of after market exhaust manufactures have their faults, its the same in any industry

Quoted from the colins website:

Mongoose exhausts are the only stainless steel exhausts to be designed and manufactured by a serious tuning company. The systems are formed from 1.5mm wall T306 stainless steel tube on state of the art CNC machines. Mandrel bent (NOT CUT AND WELD). the silencers are formed from polished stainless steel and packed with the highest quality materials available. The systems are finished with a choice of highly polished tail pipes, and are own tests have shown that a Mongoose will give more power than any other aftermarket exhaust system.

Dont get a powerflow or anything like that as the pipes are crush bent, reducing flow efficiency and hampering performance.

Best bet is something like an apexi, or HKS it may be a little more expensive but it will return the most effective bhp increases all in all.

Have seen a load of mongooses and know a load of people who have tham, haven't heard a complaint yet....

Oh and mine should be coming on Saturday :)

They're a great quality exhaust system, look great and sound amazing, all in all their the puppies plums :P

have a look at www.TuneACar.co.uk

here you will find everything you need for your car.

for your information we are producing some nice exhaust systems and induction kits for this car.

email us any enquiries and we will be more than happy to help :D

and finally, all club members will recieve a minimum of 10% discount!!!

:D