Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Tyre Wear Question

Tbone

My rear tyres have been on for some 30,000 miles but my front tyres wear out after about 14,000 miles. Should permanent 4WD drive wear all tyres at the same rate?

I just wondered if I have a problem with my 4WD or should I be changing the fronts to the backs regularly. Just a little advice would be most helpful.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

it is recomended that you swap from front to rear accasionaly as the front tyres turn and drive so they wear the edges out rather quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

bare in mind that your rear wheels, although driven are in fact just 'trailing' unlike your front tyres which are having to cope with every turn of the steering you make..... this should give you an idea as to why the fronts wear out first....

BTW considering your quoted mileage, well done for making them last so well.... nice driving.. :D

My rear tyres have been on for some 30,000 miles but my front tyres wear out after about 14,000 miles. Should permanent 4WD drive wear all tyres at the same rate?

I just wondered if I have a problem with my 4WD or should I be changing the fronts to the backs regularly. Just a little advice would be most helpful.

Thanks

Also make sure you purchase good quality tyres...you may think you are saving money on the cheaper stuff but it pays to get good quality makes.

I will say this for any vehicle owner....when it comes to brake pads, disks , shockers and tyres....don't scrimp and save....these items can save your life when stopping in an emergency.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links