Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£700 For A 3" Piece Of Silicone Hose.

veilside_mr2

as u may or not know my car has been running like a pig for the past 2 months. I`ve been to numerous tuning houses/garages and been on a few rr`s to try and find out the problem but with no luck. I`ve also replaced practucally every ignition part and sensor on my car to try and find the problem.

I went over to thor yesterday as my last resort, took 3 hours and a go on the dyno to discover it was in fact a silicone hose joint in my greddy intercooler which had split, causing the overfuelling and no boost.

They also found one of the braided hoses in my turbo kit was leaking oil, so they replaced that. Also my fcd was faulty..so that too was replaced.

Then it was set-up on the dyno again using the s-afc 2.

Grand total - £700

Then just to rub salt into my very broke wounds..they also destroyed my gearbox, so I had to come home on the back of an AA van,..lovely stuff. :crybaby:

Then just to rub salt into my very broke wounds..they also destroyed my gearbox, so I had to come home on the back of an AA van,..lovely stuff.  :crybaby:

**** man thats bad, how did they kill your box on a r/r, put it in reverse or something? make them pay, or just don't pay them for the usefull things they did.

i have no idea...i had to pay...i was almost in tears handing over the money.

they hav a disclaimer which states if anythin blows or breaks they hold no responsibility, and u put ur can on the dyno at ur own risk.

i didnt even get a chance to drive it when it was running sweet...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :ffs:

but to kill a gear box on a dyno must have been done by them not shifting properly, engine going pop on a dyno is one thing, but gearbox? that can only be due to them **** up.

yeah i know...all they r supposed to do is put it in gear then accelerate..like in 4th gear or sumthin?

thing is ur not allowed to watch them (just like at john nobles) so they could be doing anythin in there :(

must admit mate i'm never going near thor, badboy turbo came away from a mapping session with them to find his car now pinks on full boost,.. they sound like a right bunch of cowboys.

must admit mate i'm never going near thor, badboy turbo came away from a mapping session with them to find his car now pinks on full boost,.. they sound like a right bunch of cowboys.

really?..****...i speak to colin all the time, he never said anything?.

i wont be going back again...im only going to rr`s where u can actually watch ur car gettin blasted to F**K (excuse the language)

bit odd not being able to watch.. :( yes colin was was saying about it in a post, asking how to cool charge temps as his cars pinking,.. we all said drop the boost etc something wrong, then he said its just come away from thor..

ahh i see,..i was supposed to be gettin a power fc too, but ran outa time, glad i didnt now as i wouldnt have been able to replace the gearbox....ever.

and yeah u cudnt watch,...they close these big doors and u hav to sit in the waiting area and just listen....was scary. :blink:

nope didnt hear anythin like that...it was when they took it off the dyno and drove it past me that it sounded weird...and they were lookin puzzled.

it was weird, they cudnt select a gear and when it woz in neutral and u bring the clutch up it tried to move, straaange.

sounds mighty bullshyters to me , but then again things happen so who's to know the truth - it may of exploded due to the rr old age etc . but find it hard to believe , i'm gonna leave the gt4 as stock its quick enough for me as is , and alot of places simply extract urine out of us.

i wish i never bothered engine tuning now to be honest..shud hav just left it std and spent the money on ..erm..beer.

nope didnt hear anythin like that...it was when they took it off the dyno and drove it past me that it sounded weird...and they were lookin puzzled.

it was weird, they cudnt select a gear and when it woz in neutral and u bring the clutch up it tried to move, straaange.

did they take a look at things? sounds like its not broken as such but not selecting the gear yuo want so more a cable/ selecter problem?

nah they didnt.

i was actually drivin it today, i went to the garage where i left it last night. and it kinda went into gear ok. and it was no longer moving in neutral.

so i took it for a drive and it was a bit clunky going into gear at first, then it kinda freed up and i thought maybe it wasnt too bad afterall.

then i tried to put it in reveres and it went back to how it was last night..but again i forced it into first and gradually pulled away (amid noises and squeels) and it kinda freed up again...weird.

sounds like the selectors are dodgy

ive seen this happen on a 4x4 where it was intermittent on its ways

turned out a pivot bush had split so the selectors wernt moving correctly and thus not swapping the cogs about as they should

hmm..its making some crap noises as im driving too though.

wud these selectors things be ok if i just swapped the gearbox?..coz ive already ordered one. :huh:

well im only throwing suggestions

i have no idea of it really, maybe the box its ya best bet

does the gearstick feel loose?

how do u mean loose?

rr`s suck....only ever go to one if u can watch them do it...otherwise they could be redlining it or whatever and ud never know.

your lots starting to scare me about RR's!

Never had a car done and now I am very warry about it, ive stood next to me bike when its been on a RR and it went fine.

Think I will leave the car as it is...

Dave

Sorry to hear all that mate.

Unbelievable.

I wouldn't feel right not watching whilst my car was on a rr.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links