Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Carlos Sainz Turbo 4x4 Questions.

Mouso

Hi there, im new here and i just bought myself a celica carlos sainz 4x4 turbo - its nice and in very good condition but with one known issue - there is a leak in the fuel filler pipe. I understand that alot of celica's get this problem, and its quite a big expensive job to fix...?

Additionally, can somoene point me in the direction of online resources for under the bonnet of this car? I.E. Where everything is, and what certain things do, things like that.

cheers

mouso.

HEH,

Just thought of a couple of other questions.

Can i put a dump valve into this turbo? is it worth it? The chap that sold me it told me to spend a bit on the dump valve as cheapo ones tend to mess up.

Also what about induction kits? Any suggestions?

Also are there any good online stores where i could purchase a dumpvalve?

Defo put a dump valve on mate the sound is amazing and the fella was right don't spend money on a cheap one not that it will mess up but dosen't sound as good.

Here is a link to whifbitz who sell them.

www.whifbitz.co.uk

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/celica-bov.html

Blitz one in my opinion sounds good

You'll also find some inuction kits on that site as well. Read through the air filter test post on the pinned topics at the top of the page and you will see four different kits and what power and filtration they have.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Ps welcome to TOC! B)

Defo put a dump valve on mate the sound is amazing and the fella was right don't spend money on a cheap one not that it will mess up but dosen't sound as good.

Here is a link to whifbitz who sell them.

www.whifbitz.co.uk

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/celica-bov.html

Blitz one in my opinion sounds good

You'll also find some inuction kits on that site as well. Read through the air filter test post on the pinned topics at the top of the page and you will see four different kits and what power and filtration they have.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Ps welcome to TOC! B)

Cheers man, that website you point me to only brings up some spammy search site, you sure thats the right one?

http://www.andrewmcc.com/bgb/ for all the info on the engine

not sure about the dump valve - on the gt4 of mine the gasses are recirculated back into the system , ask daktari , dunno if he has a one on his gt4 , his is the st185 mines the st205 and different. but mines faster. :P

Hi mate, welcome to TOC.

You my man, need to register at GT4OC see my sig for link.

A bov is easy peasy mate and is reccomended for your turbo life span.

The fuel filler seems like a sraight swap mate, TBH i would reccomend taking it to a fuel tank repair guy with a part that you have sourced and let them do it.

Nice motor mate. enjoy it.

A bov is easy peasy mate and is reccomended for your turbo life span.

Please explain that carlos? :unsure:

I thought the ST185 had a recirculating BOV, and changing to a vent to atmosphere arrangement would cause fuelling problems.

I am working on the assumption here that the ST185 is very similar engine wise to the rev 1 and 2 MR2 turbos, i.e. it has an AFM.

Take a read of this thread.

http://www.andrewmcc.com/bgb/    for all the info on the engine

not sure about the dump valve -  on the gt4 of mine the gasses are recirculated back into the system ,  ask daktari , dunno if he has a one on his gt4 , his is the st185 mines the st205 and different. but mines faster.  :P

Only cos i gatta slow down for the geriatric tractor drivers over here. :lol:

Mouso. Congrats on getting a CS. :thumbsup:

Have a look at my car in the garage link below for pics. I`ve got a Blitz BOV and Induction kit fitted. The 185`s do have a recirculating valve as standard but you wont get the lovely noises. :D Not really sure there`s any advantage to having an after market one apart from the noise and the bling factor. :D

As carlos said you want to get over to the GT4OC site for top notch advice. Enjoy the motor matey. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers guys,

so i would go for something like (Sequential Blow off Valve) 1421-SA001

at £185???, from maleborn 1967s post? I take it the BOV is just another term for Dump valve then!

I think first thing is first, get the fuel filler pipe mended so i can at least fill her up to full!!

Here is a picture from the front of her if your interested...

http://www.aqzj74.dsl.pipex.com/gt4cs.jpg

Specs are all standard carlos sainz specs, 71k on the clock - well lookd after

:)

very nice , indeed .

very nice mate..

you can acquire a blitz bov (dump valve) direct from USA suppliers for $120, alternatively theres a guy on eBay who regularly does a buy it now for £79.99.

I was under the impression that only the 205 had the recirculating stock, afain the 185 dont have one at all unless you fit it. doesnt affect my fueling other than a pop and blip and the odd flame, it does i suspose add a little more fuel whenver you give it throttle after a high rpm upshift, but as its not a permanent thing it only last for a secod or so, this is due to air already counted on being there being dumped.

when you take yer foot off the throttle and the TB plate closes, the pressure backs onto the turbo and after time wears it out prematurely, or so the theory goes. so a bov just vents it and frightens old ladies.

Do it dude.

very nice mate..

you can acquire a blitz bov (dump valve) direct from USA suppliers for $120, alternatively theres a guy on ebay who regularly does a buy it now for £79.99.

I was under the impression that only the 205 had the recirculating stock, afain the 185 dont have one at all unless you fit it. doesnt affect my fueling other than a pop and blip and the odd flame, it does i suspose add a little more fuel whenver you give it throttle after a high rpm upshift, but as its not a permanent thing it only last for a secod or so, this is due to air already counted on being there being dumped.

when you take yer foot off the throttle and the TB plate closes, the pressure backs onto the turbo and after time wears it out prematurely, or so the theory goes.  so a bov just vents it and frightens old ladies.

Do it dude.

My CS's turbo lasted 132,000 with no BOV. Dump valves only marginally if at all effect the longevity of the turbo, infact its so small you couldnt measure it.

The ST205 has a recirc dumpvalve as standard, the ST185 has no dumpvalve as standard, If you get one for the CS get a recirc one or fuelling problems are highly likely. Bailey DV26 is on mine, cheap and cheerfull.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links