Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When My Mr2 Hits The Shores...

matt5cott

Hi guys, I have a 1998 MR2 turbo coming end of June from Japan, its done 65,000ish miles, long story short, what things do I need to check out when I get it? I read in another post that the cambelt needs doing at 60k, so im assuming its worth checking that's been done?

Any other help would be great, as this is my first performance car :)

Congratulations - I am picking one of these up at the weekend (possibly!) - Not sure form your post - have you bought the car already, or is is just to view?

If you go to the MR2 Drivers club website or the international MR2 Owners Cliub website they have full buyers guides for MR2 Turbos.

http://www.mr2dc.com/

http://www.imoc.co.uk/

From what little I know, the Cambelt should be done - make sure it is! (!Removed! of a job on an MR2 turbo - involves taking off the back axle and turbo!!), get a coolant flush done. Probably a service for filters and plugs. You might want to get it dyno tested to prove it's performance and sort out any tuning issues / flat spots. RAC inspections etc etc...

Basically the buyers guides tell you all you need to know.

Happy Motoring!

Definately the Cam Belt, apart from that you really should be fine if it is a reputable Importer.

Which importer is importing the car for you ?

Definately the Cam Belt, apart from that you really should be fine if it is a reputable Importer.

Which importer is importing the car for you ?

NewEra imports, ive heard nothing but praise for these guys, and so far I can see why, I bought the car last month, their buyer in japan Miguel seems a top bloke, and is very helpfull indeed.

If your buying from New Era, I would expect everything with the car to be 100%, they're a very good company for importing MR2's I believe it's Julian over here who also has close links with IMOC.

I wouldn't worry at all about the car you get. The advantage of using a company like New Era is that if you do have any problems you won't be fobbed of, great bunch of guys who wil sort any realistic problems with the car out for you from what I have heard....

If your buying from New Era, I would expect everything with the car to be 100%, they're a very good company for importing MR2's I believe it's Julian over here who also has close links with IMOC.

I wouldn't worry at all about the car you get. The advantage of using a company like New Era is that if you do have any problems you won't be fobbed of, great bunch of guys who wil sort any realistic problems with the car out for you from what I have heard....

Great, thats very re-assuring :)

The only thing im struggling with at the moment is finding REV5 info on the web, its all REV3 or the american turbo stuff! :) not to worry though, as they are pretty much the same :)

What sort of info are you after, I'll have a hunt around and post what I can find :)

Just the standard equipment really, NewEra lists all the cool stuff and extras, but I was just trying to compare it all to my current car (a 1995 1.6i volvo 440!!!!) :lol:

edit -> ive saw that link you just posted before, its the only one I could find with decent info! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links