Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will These Be Sorted Under Warranty?

Blue84

Hi All,

I need some advice on my T3..she's 9 months old tomorrow, done 5900 miles and is a 3 door model. She's got the following annoying rattles and problems which are beginning to really annoy me:

1) The Handbrake has to be pulled up really far, and often I have to hold her on the footbrake at the same time on steep (ish) inclines

2) The front driverside wheel has a loud and long squeak coming from it when I go round corners mainly..my Parents heard it today when we were out in the T3

3) My driverside window rattles big time..when I have it open I can hear the glass rattling so much that it seems like the glass is gonna fall down

4) Either the clutch or accelerator pedal is sticking..when changing gears mainly from 1st to 2nd when you come off the clutch after changing gear the pedal seems to move slower than your foot does and then when you back on the gas it feels like you are "riding" the clutch (if thats the right word)

None of these are major problems, but just things are beginning to get more and more on my nerves. It's not like I run the car ragged or anything..she's well looked after and not driven madly either! I'm gonna get my Dad to call MrT about it this week as I am at work so can't do it myself.

Will these all be covered under warranty?

Any help appreciated,

Blue

I reckon they should be. Tell ur dad to give them a b****king and then they'll give in and sort them! :thumbsup:

Everything except wear and tear and accident damage is covered under warranty.

So, yes, all that will be covered as the manufacturer is required to provide a car that is free from defects within the warranty period.

Heck I broke Karis' rear windscreen wiper and they replaced it for nothing!

And I broke the darn thing (to do with an icy window and turning the wiper on!) DOH!

I got that fixed the day she passed (earlier on that day obviously!) but I was expecting to pay and I didnt have to!

I reckon all of those things they should fix and its obviously an ongoing problem and not down to general wear and tear - I mean a 9 month old car shouldnt have any wear and tear!

Get your Dad to call Mr T - the quicker he calls the quicker it will get sorted! :thumbsup:

Hi All,

I need some advice on my T3..she's 9 months old tomorrow, done 5900 miles and is a 3 door model.  She's got the following annoying rattles and problems which are beginning to really annoy me:

1) The Handbrake has to be pulled up really far, and often I have to hold her on the footbrake at the same time on steep (ish) inclines

2) The front driverside wheel has a loud and long squeak coming from it when I go round corners mainly..my Parents heard it today when we were out in the T3

3) My driverside window rattles big time..when I have it open I can hear the glass rattling so much that it seems like the glass is gonna fall down

4) Either the clutch or accelerator pedal is sticking..when changing gears mainly from 1st to 2nd when you come off the clutch after changing gear the pedal seems to move slower than your foot does and then when you back on the gas it feels like you are "riding" the clutch (if thats the right word)

None of these are major problems, but just things are beginning to get more and more on my nerves.  It's not like I run the car ragged or anything..she's well looked after and not driven madly either!  I'm gonna get my Dad to call MrT about it this week as I am at work so can't do it myself.

Will these all be covered under warranty?

Any help appreciated,

Blue

let us know how you get on mines has been in twice for rattles still not solved! :help:

Careful ,Our 53 reg Yaris has been in 4 times for rattles,(door and dashboard) given up now as rattles are still there but also are minor dashboard marks/scratches where the toyota mechanics have used tools to take the central pod out, and I also found self tappers and retaining clips left on the drivers carpet

After complaining they are sending a guy out Friday to repair the dashboard scratches, now wish that I had kept quiet about the rattles

Nice coffee though :(

The rattles in the door aren't rattles.... they're vibrations. If you take the panel off, you'll see a load of blue plastic, just play a bass-heavy music track and you'll see it all moves and vibrates... just gaffer-tape the bits that are moving until they aren't anymore!

Should all be done under warranty I reckon - when mine was under warranty, I never had any problems with getting things fixed. If not, then keep moaning until they change their mind, or try another dealer :)