Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction....i Want Some

97paseo

Hey,

I can't seem to find an induction kit for my car, I know mellow_yellow was looking into a custom kit @ around £350 but I was wondering if I can get hold of one for £50-£70?

Never really considered fitting one before but I need a bit more power, ideally torque - i'm sick of being overtaken on the way to work!!!! :rolleyes: & my mate's fitting one onto his Rover Coup, can't let the side down! :D

Any help would be great, :)

Have you considered fitting a converting to 5E-FHE spec.

I think you'd just need ECU, cylinder head, fuel injectors / regulator and ignition coil / ignitor.

5E-FHE gives 110bhp.

Andrew

Hmm!!!! :huh: :D Thats something to keep in mind, thanks, how much do you think that would cost with parts & labour?

For the time being though I need something cheaper, any ideas on the induction kit?

No-one has any ideas about getting an induction kit?

Guest Calum

Am looking to do the same thing for my car, have you tried looking for an induction kit for a car with the same dimensions for the housing of your current filter, and seeing if that would work?

green cotton air offer a single come induction kit for £80ish,

or twin cone for bout 120... not sure exactly the difference between them is in terms of power though...

Hello mate, I'm going for something a bit different for my Rolla, by way of a universal induction kit from Ractive. They do a chrome version of their translucent filter and it looks quality! Has to be shipped from USA tho. But $88 all in is the price to pay. Try looking at www.carmedia1.com.

Good Luck,

-RIDDLES-

you can fit pretty much any old cone filter to your intake, look at your arid box to see if it has any VSV's or any other sensors in it, then just get either a toyota corolla 4age late spec if it has or a Vauxhal Carlton one if it hasn't.

Dont get sucked in (excuse the pun) but the whole induction KIT thing as the kit only consists of a filter and a sticker and if your lucky a bracket LOL...

i have just oredered filter for my sera (apparently the same engine as a paseo) off a sierra cosworth i know it fits on a sera cant see why not on a paseo.

I've never heard of the Sierra Cosworth filter fitting a Sera.

Who are you, by the way?

hey

a lad i know who works down at Halfords who has a sera has a cossie induction kit fitted.

im from the reading area have a 91 sera lowered alloys neons dvd custom quad side exit exhaust and custom 1 off graphics on the side .

Are you on the Sera mailing list?

I have a 1.3 turbo Sera, lowered suspension, a single straight through exhaust.

Am getting carbon fibre bonnets made. Also indiglo dials.

The Sera induction system is on the whole, better than most - there is a cold air source. The route the air takes in and around the air filter is a bit convoluted, so this is where any improvements could be made.

Fitting a normal cone filter will often cause flat spots in the power curve as the engine warms - any benefit the cone filter gives is lost as soon as the underbonnet temperatures rise.

HKS will manufacture a universal Kit that would fit your car, it could cost a fair bit though I paid around £225 inc Vat and fitting when I had my Yaris T-Sport. Now I have got to do it all over again now with the Corolla. But it is worth it for the noise alone. :D

Click on the link this is the crowd who I use for all my mods, there a good bunch of guys

http://www.tdi-plc.com/

Thanks for the info, have ordered the Green kit now, just waiting on delivery :)

im from the reading area have a 91 sera lowered alloys neons dvd custom quad side exit exhaust and custom 1 off graphics on the side .

Do you have any pics? I'd like to see your Sera

:)

Do you have any pics? I'd like to see your Sera

:)

Yea I wouldn't mind taking a look either :)

HKS will manufacture a universal Kit that would fit your car, it could cost a fair bit though I paid around £225 inc Vat and fitting when I had my Yaris T-Sport. Now I have got to do it all over again now with the Corolla. But it is worth it for the noise alone. :D

Click on the link this is the crowd who I use for all my mods, there a good bunch of guys

http://www.tdi-plc.com/

Damn, i've never met anyone able to pay the extortionate (IMHO) rates offered by TDI, they're the guys in Barking who reckon they can fit a turbo to my 4age ! like to see them try LOL, their upgrade stuff sounds good but the prices are way too expensive, they must be on £80 p/h labour or something.

NICK, If you buy the induction kit and bring it and your car to Southend i'll fit it for £10 on a saturday morn, its about a 10min job LOL.... :huh:

seriously though dont get ripped off for simple jobs i hate it when that happens to people its unfair, some people are just not mechanically minded or dont like getting their hands dirty, thats no excuse to take advantage of them. :censor: :eek::help:

Got some pics coming on soon just need to download them. If you own a sera and need some work on it (modifying) ive found a decent workshop called the dark side in essex now part of evolution he sees cars like the sera as a challenge and is a perfectionist. Is anyone up for havin a Sera meet in the not to distant future ??

Just put a pic of my exhaust system on not a good pic (taken wiv my phone)

post-3-1053109905.jpg

ps im not on the mailing list yet. and also if u could get me some info on carbon bonnets that would be good

those exhausts look mad! :o I'd like to meet up with you sometime :thumbsup:

wait for the four butane flame kits going in soon got one at moment which evolution and the dark side are playing with to perfect when thats done it will be how ileagal can u go

• 2 weeks later...
I live about 30 mins up the road, so I could hold you to that!!!!!! :lol:

by all means do, i'd be glad to show you whats involved etc etc. :)