Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K And N Air Fliter

phil3345

Now that I have the filter any suggestions for the air box??

:help:

we substituted the original plastic hoses which lead the air to the airbox with hoses with standard diameter beacuase the original in some point becomes very narrow :wacko: :bookw :help: orm:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phil3345

• Imek

• Jake

• spwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

we substituted the original plastic hoses which lead the air to the airbox with hoses with standard diameter beacuase the original in some point becomes very narrow :wacko: :bookw :help: orm:

I too have noticed the narrowing .. did you notice a proformance change by changing the hose? As with out the narrowing the air box looks like an easy good solution drawing cool air in from the wheel arch.

If it does make a change its a wounder why they narrowed it in the first place ... seems illogical

the narrower probably is for reducing the noise.....in such cars you cannot easily notice a tremendous difference but logically it is better to have a straight hose with a standard diameter :yes::yes::yes::yes:

I replaced mine with a 3" hose drawing air from behind the headlamp (cooler?) fitted a funnel intake to smooth out the air as well

cai_home

And have you noticed a differance ?

And it it possable to get a few more pics of what you have done ... a full engine shot would be good

thanks

The difference is very subjective. I also fitted a K&N panel filter. Also removed the mesh in the intake funnel before the MAF sensor.

On full throttle acceleration, it sounds more throaty. Perhaps from the seat of the pants, the car pulls slightly better.

What is the bhp gain with the typhoon??

and where do all the sensors fro the airbox go?

actuall, thats for Corolla S, which is USA Corolla model with 1.8 130 HP engine... for dyno gains, I would guess you should check Celica GTS or Matrix XRS on that site

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's the news so far,

The induction kit has been fitted, :yes: the sound the CTS now makes when going through the lift is amazing, yes louder than I thought it would be, but just so throaty, it really growls, yes I know thats not the main reason for fitting it, but having just giving it some stick on the way home, I like it :thumbsup: . Now for the perfomance bit, well firstly the dissapointment, the guy who does the rolling road test's is away on hols so I can't post any figures, but on feeling and judgement, :eek: wow, it feels a lot different, through the gears, as I've said before I'm not a tech head so can't only use simple terms to try to describe how it has changed the car, but it certainly seems to have a quicker feel to it. more of a kick as it goes through the lift. I know all this is subjective and is just my feeling, and when you part with £200 you want it to feel better so I'll drive it for a week or so, and try and get the test done as soon as, and hope fully the figures will show that what I feel is actual gain and not just percived, wishfull thinking :huh:

CTS_BlitzInductionKit1a.jpg

CTS_BlitzInductionKit6.jpg

Blitz Induction Kit as fitted to my CTS :thumbsup:

if you look just above the exposed Battery terminal you can see the original duct pipe with form collar round it, this come up from a vent inside the wheel arch (top pic)

Looking good Jake, that Corolla of yours is definately getting the works :)

Can't wait to hook up at JAE and see it in the flesh with all it's new toys :)

thanks ... very nice by the way ... do you mind me asking how much and where from ?

do u have any problems with the "check engine" light?

when we had tested such induction we felt a stronger lift but we had notice that :

1) in 6200-8200 the car was quicker

but 2) below 6200 the car seemed to be slower and thats why the lift seems to be so different....in greece where it is very warm such an induction would not be better than a panel filter with the original plastic hoses substituted

That is a rather large air filter Jake ;)

looks the biz :yes:

hope it works as well as it looks :D

Sam :hokus-pokus: