Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K And N Air Fliter

phil3345

:eek: OK guys I'll try and answer them all from the top,

1, thanks Rhaines

2, £200 inc. fitting and vat. exon16m

3, like a welsh choir at the millennium stadium on 6 nations day you know the one where we win :!Removed!:

seriously, louder than i thought it would be, but not too loud, it really does sound great, alomst worth the money on sound alone, think I may remove the ICE now. phil the other boyo

4, first thing I did before parting with my moiney was check the engine lights and so far all ok, in lift there is much more of a punch when you accelerate, not sure if this next bit makes sense but this is how it feels to me, like there is some torque steer now, you notice the steering feel lighter as you pull hard in lift, more so in 2,3,4 gears. I'm also considering some bonnet vents a, for cooling b, for looks. Have not noticed a loss of performance below the lift, but as most of you know, I rarely drive below the lift any way, whats the point :lol::lol::lol::lol: vaggelis

5, yep it's big, and so far it's working well, Yarisboy,

thanks for all the comments, just need that powerflow exzaust fitting now, and the quickshift gear change :thumbsup:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phil3345

• Imek

• Jake

• spwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

its the point that other similar cars like type-R S3 etc have the power almost though out the revs and you have the power only in high revs and they can make the difference in the low-middle revs :angry::angry:

vaggelis, ooppsss sorry I did not mean "whats your point" I understood that, I meant whats the point of not driving in the lift, due to the grin factor, was not implying that your point was not valid, :group-cuddles:

I'm sorry to say Jake, but I'm pretty sure, this kind of fittment will only result in huge loss of torque at low revs and average increase in power in high revs (that's why you feel more power when lift comes). It's just not properly installed. It sucks in hot engine compartment air plus the volume of the whole duct decreased (this some say results in loss of torque). Look at injen how the pipe should be directed. Didn't know Blitz would sell such a crappy solution. I'd return it to the shop. But, surely you shoud do dyno ASAP, as I may be wrong (but read so many articles about cone filters before buying my K&N filter, that am pretty sure I'm right :( )

My friend has a rover 200 and has just put his original air box back on.

He said it lost power and the fuel economy was cut in half.

It was the proper k&n induction kit for the car but it just drew in hot air from the engine bay.Hes now going to buy the panel filter

vaggelis, ooppsss sorry I did not mean "whats your point" I understood that, I meant whats the point of not driving in the lift, due to the grin factor, was not implying that your point was not valid, :group-cuddles:

try to race a S3 and you will see how grat is to have the power at the whole range.....its a bit difficult to be in the lift in 4 gear shiftings

:thumbsup: Cheers Zee, I'm pleased with the looks and sound,

Imek, thanks for your comments, as yet with no dyno testing done yet have to wait for the guy to retirn from holidays, but have had plenty of time driving it now, and like I said before, in lift it responds a little quicker, if you back off a little in lift then accelerate again it really does surge, with a great sound and feel to it, as to the comments of loss of low end performance and torque, if this has happened it is not noticeable by me as yet, but like I've said in many of my posts, I do tend to drive quite a lot above the lift :) but this morning I did drive it at normall speeds and can't tell if theres any difference, as to how it was before, as I've said I'm no Tech head, but for me so far it's appeared to be ok. Will let you know test results once its been done

Looks good in the car mate :D :D

only thing about the blitz is you have to keep it clean did you get any cleaning spray when you got it? :(

Looks good in the car mate :D :D

only thing about the blitz is you have to keep it clean did you get any cleaning spray when you got it? :(

You're supposed to keep any air filter/induction clean, it's not just the blitz....

not sure what you can use :crybaby:

I have a can that came with a pipercross filter I had on my rallye but not sure what u can use :( :( :(

Jake Boyo

Now that it feels faster in the lift does that mean you are driving even faster????? :o :o :o :thumbsup:

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm not sure who may be reading this, so only as fast as the speed limits allow :lol::lol::lol::lol: and I only said it feels faster, it may not actually be any quicker, but it does sound great :P

So any body know what I should use, and how often, and how I should clean it please?

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm not sure who may be reading this, so only as fast as the speed limits allow :lol::lol::lol::lol: and I only said it feels faster, it may not actually be any quicker, but it does sound great :P

So any body know what I should use, and how often, and how I should clean it please?

any decent motor shop will have an induction kit cleaner...

I think it was a Jamex one I used last time which included a bottle of cleaner which you squirt all over the filter, leave for 10 mins, rinse until clean under tap and then let dry...

Once dry squeeze contents of second bottle (lubrication oil) over filter let dry....

Think it's every 10k or so but should say on the packet and costs around £7.....

Jake Boyo

Now that it feels faster in the lift does that mean you are driving even faster????? :o :o :o :thumbsup:

Now then, unless your welsh we'll have less of the racism, that alright with you Taff :P

And whose jumpers that cardigan...

don't get it phil, it's awful. :yes:

you might gain another mile on ur mpg average, but you will not gain any power increase

they make a comical noise though whilst your driving around town :lol:

definitely one to be avoided, in my opinion of course <_<

Sam :hokus-pokus:

posted by IMEK I'm sorry to say Jake, but I'm pretty sure, this kind of fittment will only result in huge loss of torque at low revs and average increase in power in high revs (that's why you feel more power when lift comes). It's just not properly installed. It sucks in hot engine compartment air plus the volume of the whole duct decreased (this some say results in loss of torque). Look at injen how the pipe should be directed. Didn't know Blitz would sell such a crappy solution. I'd return it to the shop. But, surely you shoud do dyno ASAP, as I may be wrong (but read so many articles about cone filters before buying my K&N filter, that am pretty sure I'm right

ok here goes Imek, lets see if I'm becoming educated here, or still just a loose nut behind the wheel, the following pics are from the IJEN site IJEN,

rd2075.jpg

is2080.jpg

the 1st is of a Matrix XRS (US version of TS I believe) the 2nd Corolla S 1.8 I'm not sure what country this belongs to may be Poland but I might be mistaken, any way its a 1.8 2002 Corolla S.

Now if I'm not misstaken the 1st has no apparent filter, as I've said previously I'm no tech head, but I guess this can't be good, but there must be a reason behind this, which, I'm sure some one will so point out, as it from the Race Div of Ijen is it even legal on the street? Anyway my point firstly is, it looks great, and very well finished, no cost on the site.

Now to the second one, and one which is much closer looking to my "crappy Blitz kit", OK this again looks very well made, and looks a cool bit of kit, but one of the things you name as a fault on the Blitz is the location, and how it will suck in all the hot engine air, well if I'm not mistaken this Ijen offering is in a much worse location, again some one may enlighten me as to why is located here.

Imek I did point out in my earlier post that the Blitz is located adjacent to the

in-take pipe from the wheel arch, and over the last few days I have had a quick hands on check on the filter, at the end of each journey, and I must say I have been suprised to feel how cool it is to touch. It would also not be to difficult, to extend the pipe to be almost direclty on the filter (I'm a plumber by trade so this would be a simple task for me to achieve it's only plastic) but would it give any significant benfit.

Ok I feel a little better now, I'm sure most of you will know how I feel, you've just been out and parted with £200 of your hard earned, come rushing here to tell the world how happy you are only to have somebody, express their opinion, which totaly trashes what you've just done. I have no problem with others expressing their opinions thats mostly what this site is about.

But I have been posting for a number of weeks about this modification and this comment only came after I had spend my cash, it may have been more usefull prior to that. Though having now found the Ijen product, and read what info they have on the site, I with my limited understanding of the type of products still think the Blitz kit does as good a job. If some one wishes to post further technical data of express opinoins on what I've done then so be it. I know most of you will all want the same as me and that is to see the test results once its been on the rolling road, but at least for now I feel happier about my choice. :eek: