Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K And N Air Fliter

phil3345

Jake I don't think you've got anything to worry about m8, your filter is enormous in comparison to that Ijen kit and I would definitely try extending (maybe widening the pipe too) to directly get the cold air to your filter, if it's cool to touch at the end of each journey then that can't be bad can it :D

I couldn't tell you why there is no visible filter on the first picture other than they haven't put the filter on yet lol, unless it's a race car because usually they use no filters at all. Someone else will have to help u out here on this one :blink:

Your filter is in a much better position than the ijen one too, i'm not sure if there's room for it but because your filter has such a large surface area you could try getting a second cold air feed to the other side of the filter (under side perhaps) to try and maximise the air flow, as you're a plumber u should give it a go :yes:

there's not really much room that i can see on your picture for a heatsheild hehe but with enough cold air that shouldn't matter anyway, and if it feels faster to you in the lift then you've got your desired effect!

money well spent I say Jake :thumbsup:

and i look forward to your dyno results too :bookworm:

Sam :hokus-pokus:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phil3345

• Imek

• Jake

• spwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Boyo

Whatever is said it looks the dogs bits so who cares???

Once you get that cold air on it it'l be fine

:thumbsup:

Hi Phil and Sam, again thanks for your comments, I'm also seriously considering the cool louvers bonnet vents, both for looks and effect, this would not doubt ensure hot air from the engine would have little effect on the intake too,

chhers lads :thumbsup:

Hi jake

Well my son i see that you have got the induction kit on at last mate. Glad to here that you are enjoying the car more. The bonnet vents would look the part on your motor. Would mean that they are going to have to cut some large hole's into the bonnet mate. At least this way the cooler air would make a hell of a lot to the pick up mate.

Mrs t in her yaris t sport has also got a bonnet vent for her car. Well it's from a subaru impreza :o She has yet to fit it and i cant wait to see it mate.

At the end of the day jake if you are happy with the induction kit then that all what matter mate :thumbsup: Never mind about all the hubik talk my friend it's all good. Let the rolling road do the talking mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Just got two good seals of approval on the Blitz kit,

first Jery "The Hulk" thinks it's ok nice one mate, and secondly and this one is a suprise, Wife had her first trip in the car this week since induction kit was fiited, now I'm convinced I did the right thing by fitting coz she actually thought my car was sounding better than it did before, just shrugged my shoulders and said it sounded the same to me :drool: .

oh Jerry, sorry bout the holiday postcard mate, forgot to take you address with us, but we had a great time weather was good, got a nice tan, and had a beer for you on the beach :thumbsup:

Hi jake

No worries mate just glad to here that you had a really good time mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

About induction kits in general

In general induction kits do not work, or they make engine perform worse than on normal filter. It is the sound that makes you think the car is faster and loss of torque at lower revs that makes you think the car accelerates faster.

An induction kit that works should be specificly designed for a given engine (blitz kit isn't - if it was, it would have feed pipe), has to have proper volume, pipe diameter and filter size. And it should suck COLD air not HOT. The XRS Injen induction (XRS is TS in Europe) looks like a good design, and I'd give it a try. The filter is hidden Jake, because if you took a moment and look under your car, you'd see, that theres lot of space with cold air gettung from under the bumber. The 1.8S solution is total crap, more like Blitz (sorry again).

Hey, why are you guys doing this? Why are you arguing, or debating over things, but none of you took time to go for dyno check? Jake, you're wondering if you spend 200 quid the right way... I'm telling you didn;t, buy why don't you prove me wrong? Why didn't you dyno your car before and after spending the money and then, with the results, decide whether to buy blitz or not? I went for a dyno (£30) when was buying air filter for £55. I preferred to spend 30 and be sure it works/doesnt work than spend 55 and then spend time on wondering if i did a good thing. It worked, so I decided its worth £80.

And now, when anyone doubts if I did right, I'm just showing him the dyno graph. Why don't you do the same?

Dyno it!

Imek you have a point.

Lucky my Blitz sits right by a nice cold air flow in my Y TS.

But it is true, some the K&N kit's have bad air flow problems. Hence more sound / less power

I should have a Dyno run done after amsterdam.

Imek i did say several times in my posts, that a dyno was part of the deal, unfortunately the timings where not good for me and the garage due to hols, the guy that does them is now on his hols and it will be done when he returns.

I have also stated that the original cold air feed is still located just short of the Blitz kit, and is clearly visible in my pic (earlier post), the filter also feels relativly cool to touch after long trips, so the cool air must slitt be getting to it.

Imek, your comments are always read by me, but some times not completely understood, my lack of technical/ mechancial knowledge. It would appear, to me that you have an issue with the Blitz kit, in preferance for the Ijen and I respect your opinion and choice. but I think you also miss some of the points I and others have made with regards to how the Blitz kit has been installed, and they certainly sell a lot of them (many more fools than just I out there). I don't wish to get involved in an argument, as I don't have enough experience to deliberate the topic with you. So I'll just have to stick with what I have for now, and may be if I get bored with the noise, or suddenly find myself being passed by old ladies in Nissan Micra's or silly peeps in Smart cars, I'll consider changing the kit or re-fitting the original back on :wacko: <_< :blink:

The XRS Injen induction (XRS is TS in Europe) looks like a good design, and I'd give it a try. The filter is hidden Jake, because if you took a moment and look under your car, you'd see, that theres lot of space with cold air gettung from under the bumber. The 1.8S solution is total crap, more like Blitz (sorry again).

I am not particually experianced but injen have a kit that claims to increaces HP

http://www.injen.com/webpages/testing/orig...iles/rd2075.jpg

are these results crap and how hard are they to fake (its the american version)

Hi everyone

What is all this arguing about induction kits?? At the end of the day if jake is happy with his induction kit. Then why the hell is everyone trying to run it down :censor:

We are all car enthusiast here yes :thumbsup:

And that's just about it mate. We are not professional tunning experts but we all seem to have a fifty pence worth of a say here. :yes:

Now if i just spent £200 pounds on a induction kit i wouldn't want someone slaging it off claiming that it's crap :censor:. Now whats that all about???

Now at the end of the day if you spend £200 pounds on a induction kit it's got to be better than a paper replacement filter ah? Car's like subaru impreza, nissan skylines have all being highly tuned using induction kits pushing up the bhp.

You are going to get better power gains with a induction kit with a good supply of cold air feed to it yes i wont argue with that.

But to say that won is better than the other thats wrong!! I think it's fair to say let jake find out himself if he has spent his money correctly.

And not from a car enthusiast who thinks that he knows it all.

jerry!!

[MODERATED]

Personally I think we need to calm it down a bit in here....

The idea behind the forum is for all users to be able to come in here, enjoy browsing, find information which is useful to then and be able to go away happy and think :censor: I never knew that before and want to come back and post/visit again.

I don't personally think it's right for anyone to put down something that somebody else has done or claim it to be wrong/bad or not required. It's a different matter posting a personal opinion but slating something that someone has put a lot of time and effort into and is proud of just makes no sense to me amongst mature adults....

There's a lot of arguments about all induction kits and everyone is entitled to there own opinion but there is no point going all Jehovas Witness (no insult intended) and trying to force your opinons on someone else.....

Please watch the way in which you post !

I agree there rhaines but some people? They seem to think that they know everything :wacko:

jerry!!

I agree there rhaines but some people? They seem to think that they know everything :wacko:

jerry!!

everyone is entitled to their own opinions which makes the forum what it is, it's just a matter of how those opinions are expressed....

Quite agree its a discussion not a slagging off match!!!

What next pistols at dawn???

well its better than firing at will :lol:

Hello everybody.

I don't know everything. I just use google. A lot. Suggest you do the same.

I have this stupid character feature -- first check/do research then buy/pay.

Sorry Jake, if you felt/feel offended.

Apart from that induction kit your car looks really great. I showed it to many friends as an example of perfectly tuned car (great taste with add-ons and great wheels) - not too much, and not too littlle, just delicate. Honest.

Hi every one, WOW whats happened here, since last nights post,

I have just re-read mine to make sure I'm happy with what I said, and feel that I put nothing there to stir all this up :!Removed!: , or if it has been interprited that way, then it was not meant to be. Thanks to the guys who posted to defend my corner, yes it true posative posts always make you feel better. I think apart from the use of the word "crap" to descibe the Blitz kit, Imek has not really said any thing that was meant to be offensive.

Imek when I do get the dyno test done it will be out of interest, having never done one before and in part to satisfy myself, that what I have done, may also so add to the cars power out put, and not to "prove you wrong" (or right if thats how it turns out).

My main interest in cars is normally cosmetic, this is the first time I have had a car that "I" would consider to be of the "perfomace" type, (I know that its no Porche or Farrari,) but it's the best I've had. This is my fisrt step in to any perfomance inhancing mods, and for now I'll consider it a success, as I've said before for the sound alone I love it. But I think my next spend is likely to be on more cosmetic changes, could be window tints, or bonnet louvers (vents) for looks and function, that is unless the TTE quick shift does become available soon.

So for now atleast I'm happy with my TS, and happy to continue reading and posting here, so again thanks to all for the comments both good and bad.

exon16m i'm hoping it will be with in the next two weeks, trying to arrange a lunch time appointment at the garage, will post results as soon as it's done. I suppose the only thing thats really lost, due to the mix up with holidays, is I don't actually have a test on my car prior to the kit going on, but until that was done the car was as stock engine wise, so there must be Toyota figures available some where, and can also compare it to the figures posted earlier on this thread.

Group hug for every one :group-cuddles: :wacko::eek:

How COOOOL does it look?? :drool:

Where did u see it? do you have a web address ?

How Much is it??

Questions questions

I WANT ANSWERS!!!!!! :eek:

Just get inform by Racelogic that SUS Power Kit is £192 + VAT and the Sonic power is £278 + VAT.

I want to buy one for my car, but do anyone know if the Sonic Power is good :help.

Thats a shame they only have got for the 1.0 yaris. Perhaps in a few months they will bring one out for the yaris T Sport.

jerry!!

• 2 weeks later...
exon16m i'm hoping it will be with in the next two weeks, trying to arrange a lunch time appointment at the garage, will post results as soon as it's done. I suppose the only thing thats really lost, due to the mix up with holidays, is I don't actually have a test on my car prior to the kit going on, but until that was done the car was as stock engine wise, so there must be Toyota figures available some where, and can also compare it to the figures posted earlier on this thread.

so have you the results yet ?

Also why are the same filter for different cars have upto £100 differance in price ?? surley to have a different shape pipe cant cost that much.

eg. for a blitz kit

TOYOTA STARLET TURBO EP82 £ 139.00

LEXUS IS200 (ALTEZZA) £ 249.00