Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K And N Air Fliter

phil3345

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phil3345

• Imek

• Jake

• spwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake, any news ... ? I really want to know if they are worth getting. I did a bit of an experiment with the standard air box. I placed a radio thermometer in the air box so it would give a reading of the air entering the engine.

Results

Outside air 25 deg

airbox air 45.7- 52.1 (depending on how hard it was driven)

Not sure if i did it right but looked at what effect that would have on the density and it gives about a 10% change in density.

looks like the standard air box is ....er crap and does not draw in cold air at all but i guess its better than nothing

so what would you recomend ?? and from where would you get it? and does it affect engine long term ?

Now at the end of the day if you spend £200 pounds on a induction kit it's got to be better than a paper replacement filter ah? Car's like subaru impreza, nissan skylines have all being highly tuned using induction kits pushing up the bhp.

First rule dude is : Not every modification in foced Induction cars works well in N/A engines. Intake is the best example.

I'm sorry guys English is not my home language.

so what would you recomend ?? and from where would you get it? and does it affect engine long term ?

Try Injen, and search for Toyota Matrix XRS. + 12 HP dynoed (according to Injen)

It sucks air from under the car, so it shoud be relatively cold.

BTW:

Air in the airbox is not hot only because the intake is in the engine compartment. The problem is it lays so close to the engine block.

Thats why cones mounted directly in place of the airbox really suck. They suck in possibly the hottest air you can find under the bonnet.

Imek you're 100% right!

The rest "Blitz-mod boyz" - please show me the dyno tests or g-tech results with some runs with and without the mods.

I have also stated that the original cold air feed is still located just short of the Blitz kit, and is clearly visible in my pic (earlier post), the filter also feels relativly cool to touch after long trips, so the cool air must slitt be getting to it.

Orginal cold air feed has a lot of restrictions - it's not stright pipe pushing cold air to the filter it works only with airbox. for your option the bes way is remove it and use a kind of thin and stright aluminium tube and prepare a kind of heat shield. Look for another companies selling real tested intake systems for Toyotas with 2zz ge - the engine bay is very similar and Injen system is best example - very similar to TRD intake (the same filter positioning in engine bay). They did almost the same with new Honda's 2L I-VTEC systems.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links