Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 Mr2 Ignition Wiring Problem

TychoCaine

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you might be able to help me.

I'm having a problem with the ignition switch on the car and I'm a little stumped as to where to go next. Does anyone know where the ST2 output from the ignition switch goes to? The ignition switch itself has seven wires coming out of it to it's connector block but the loom side of the connector doesn't appear to have anywhere for the ST2 output to go to. Also, when using the standard ignition switch the dash light for the Battery doesn't illuminate.

If I use a universal ignition I can get the car started fine with all of the dash lights showing as they should. The universal ignition I'm using only has six wires out of the back and wires in without any problems.

Thanks for any light you might be able to cast on the problem... starting to get mr2 withdrawal :crybaby:

Alun J

'87 MK1 MR2, White, Koni adjustables, Apex springs, Superflex bushes, K&N intake, longlife exhaust, early spec engine and wheels that are too big.

'88 MK1 MR2 T-bar. Mica blue. Standard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links