Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get My Yaris T-sport Facelifted Model In 4 Daays

AnDy_PaNdY

:D

Hi Guys, first post and all that.

We're downsizing from a Rav 4 NRG to a new facelifted Yaris T-sport.

I was very tempted with a nearly new t-sport on the dealers forecort but when he showed me their new facelifted car in the compound (ready for preparation and covered in plastic etc) we just fell in love with it.

The improvements are subtle but make the car look that bit sportier. They havn't even printed the new brochures yet :rolleyes:

Hopefully if all goes to plan we get it on Friday. I can't wait.

Oh, I nearly forgot, any tips for a new owner would be appreciated too (running in etc). :blink:

sorry i have to disagree.The new foglights have lost their accentuation and the 'metallic look' on the dials in the cockpit look cheap.The air vents are nowhere near as sporty as before.I agree some good positive changes have been made like the seat with memory and lights but cosmetically it does not compare. I feel toyota will have to have a rethink as it looks like its aimed at the older motorist rather than youth. I had the choice of waiting for the new one or getting the last of the old ones. Im so glad i did now.

But its all about opinions....thats what make us who we are.

You may wish to check out the 'new spec yaris thread'...its not just me that feels this way.

Andy_Pandy,

Please can you tell me what the differences are on the new facelift model ? I'm on the verge of buying a Yaris T-Sport but can't decide whether to go for a nearly new (old) car, or to order the new facelift model. My local dealer doesn't have the new model for me to see.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Paul.

yaris info

see this for info dude. The new one has slightly better spec but isnt as easy on the eye I reckon and so do others on this forum. You pays ur money u take ur choice....

Hi Paul,

The link seems to cover the improvements pretty well.

The exterior improvements are subtle yet more pleasing on the eye. The interior feels a lot better than the old model (more of a quality feel).

I was able to view the old and new models side by side and didn't hesitate on which to choose. Make sure you see them both before deciding on which to go for (you would only kick yourself later if you didn't).

The two dealers I visited had a new model just in (I'm in the Midlands).

Any specific questions, just ask. :)

yeah i was able to see both the old and new side by side and had to go for the old t sport,nice styling and everyone i asked prefered the front bumpers,no contest! and besides the old one is tried and tested with no known problems...

A tough choice but hey.....thats life

Whatever one you choose its a great car.

Thanks for the info guys. I see from one of those liks that they've fixed the problem with the seats returning to the right position, which is nice. Also they've modified the suspension to "improve ride comfort and boost manoeuvrability" , I wonder if there really is any noticeable difference!? I doubt it.

Seems to be a mixed reaction around here to the new Yaris, well on paper it sounds like they've made some welcome improvements, but I really need a test drive. I'm going to hassle my local dealer to sort something out , if they want a sale they'll have to show me the new model.

Shame they decided not to bring the turbo model to the UK, I would have snapped one of those up!

Once again thanks for your help, I'll let you know what happens, but it won't be long before I join you in T-Sport land.

Andy_Pandy, please let me know what you think when you get your new car.

One final question, what's the T-Sport like on long journeys? i.e. motorway journeys. In my brief test drive I felt that it could have done with a 6th gear, or a higher gear ratio for 5th.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi andy pandy Welcome to the club :D

Well the new yaris T Sport looks quite nice. Glad to here that they have sorted out the seats. Not so sure about all the new air vents but still it a T Sport at the end of the day :D

Look forward to hearing from you about the upgraded suspension. Hopefully we will see you at one of the meets so you can show us the new Yaris :D Have fun when it arrives.

jerry!!

Andy Pandy,

I have a Yaris T Sport, old model, and I have just ordered a new spec which I am having in the next couple of weeks. To be honest I was not sure what the alterations are and I have not seen the new car. But I am sure it will be fine, this is Toyota we are talking about, they don't get a lot wrong do they? I didn't even know anything about the change in the seat.

Peter Rabbit I thought you said you had not seen the new spec before you bought the old spec as your dealer knew nothing about it?

Well I don't care I can't wait for my new car. I will keep you posted having had the two I should soon know which is best !!

yeah saw it at bristol in an importers.It was nice (as all toyotas) but not as pretty .I like my cars like my women <grin> thats it.simple. I didnt want an imported one however.

I like my cars like my women <grin>

Desperate and cheap :D :D :D :D

Sorry, no offence meant but couldn't resist ( I tried, honest) :P :D :lol:

im just trying to imagine a desperate car...whats that all about? :P

Thanks for the welcomes guys :D I'll keep you posted and let you know how I get on.

Suepj, looking forward to your comments about the differences and improvements. B)

suepj,

the new one could drive like a ferrari for all i care.It looks uglier inside and out and thats final! ;) and it seems i am not alone in this opinion looking at the other comments.What are toyota thinking ?!?

Peter Rabbit

Why so aggressive? I am only making observations as you have. Are we only allowed to hear your point of view?

I was just explaining why I went for the new model. I am sure both cars are brilliant. They are very similar with only a few alterations. Obviously all the alterations won't appeal to everyone. There are probably things I'll hate like I hated the old dash board with the stick on petrol guage. They obviously haven't improved that.

But let's all stick together whether we have an old or a new version. We are still one of the few lucky people to own a Yaris T Sport.

I'm afraid I agree, the new models looks are a backward step, sorry, that's just IMHO!! Although I won't knock the car as it's still a Yaris T and I'd like a few of the revisions on mine!!! Especially the seat adjustment!!!!! Very welcomed change and one that I cant understand why they didnt do it in the first place!!!

Just a quickie....

The Toyota Owners Club is here for all Toyota Owners to enjoy and discuss there car, it's a bit harsh to put down people's vehicles as there not your cup of tea...

Each car has it's good and bad points and as such everyone is entitled to their own opinion but at the same time nobody's personal opinon shouldbe forced down others throats...

Just my opinion of course...

only bad comments that I have heard about new yaris is from owners of old one that purchased their model last year ;-)... when new buyer compares both next to each other, new one wins hands down... we have two old ones in our rental fleet and one new one in the showroom and all together new one looks like more expensive car...

;-)

but in any case, most changes are visible in cheaper models, Yaris TS always looked nice, so there is no reason for everyone to get defensive

:P im not aggressive or defensive,dont know how u got that idea old chap.Just saying how it is,thats the idea of forums u state your opinions.It doesnt make me aggresive.

oi you...outside...now! :P

The t sport is a lush car to drive,had mine a week now and it purrrrs