Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

? Where 2 Get Yaris Stereo Facia Adapter ?

ripkord

Dont really want to Shell out on the cd stereo for the yaris but have tried the usual places, no-one seems to have them, any Ideas lads???

non standard CD player is a pain to fit into the Yaris mate. i went from one place to another for about 3 months to look for this very professional guy to do this very unique mission!!

this was back about one and a half year ago when people aint that familiar with yaris yet!!

try a garage called MOTORTEC in perry barr in birmingham, but the labour would surprise you mate!!

as for the adaptor, even halford sells it so dont worry!!

if you look just below the standard tape/cd player. There is a hole with a black plastic tray in.

Take of the front and remove the black tray, then you have a slot for your stereo. Works a treat.

I got my mate to wire it from the back of the OE system. Just power, earth & ign.

Let me know if you don't understand anything

Oli

thanks for the replies, a guy in a garage told me that it would be a major rewiring job to do it, but i have seen these wiring adaptors for the stereo, do you use one of these or is it straightforward, i've never fitted a stereo but i'm sure i could manage. or pay someone :)

heres the link for the wire thingy - lemme know if its what your mate used :)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/advice/car...yota_yaris.html

other than that whats OE and IGN ?? :huh:

i paided someone £20 to run me an earth, +12v, ign & lighting output.

The problem starts if you want to use the standard Speakers. It would mean either rewiring or a lot of wire cutting.

There are two differnet +12v sources. One's on all the time the other only runs when the keys are in.

OE - Original Equipment

IGN - Ignition

hope this helps

eek. hmmm

might be better off flogging the stereo and buying a toyota one then :/

thx for help :)

no.. don't bother..

just replace the front 4inch and door Speakers. (5/6.25 inch) and use a nie headunit and things will sound sweet.

the OE Speakers are crap..

hi

you can buy a double din face plate from toyota its on there parts computer what this dose is to give u a big hole and removes the in-built cd player. you might be able to put the orginal tray back in i have not done this as it cost £40-£60 for the face plate.

you should be able to buy a harness adaptor to convert your wires to ISO standard to connect to the head unit this will give u all your speaker and power connectors but will loose the display and volume control on the top. SO NO CUTTING WIRES

have a look here http://www.incardiscount.co.uk/acatalog/HA_TOYOTA.html

also u can buy a speaker cable adaptor too (which i am using) so u dont need to cut the speaker terminals off so when u flogg the car u can put it all back to factory standard.

http://www.incardiscount.co.uk/acatalog/SL_TOYOTA.html

all except the face plate are autoleads accessories you will need to look at their book as the web page is a bit crap. look under other toyota models as the yaris it will say n/a.

oh the head unit will be better than the standard unit if you bought a good model.

hope this helps

Try www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk they are great people and really helpful. they don't list a facia adapter on the site currently but give them a ring. i will be an easy job. they will sort you out a wiring harness too to use the existing wiring. you can change the Speakers at a later date if all you wanna do is get it working. it will look much neater.

They are in sutton coldfield, birmingham. Mail order only though but helpful on the phone.

i paid £40 to fit mine in at sexton's in nottingham all they need to do the job was a cable so don't get ripped off mate ill take a photo and ill send it to you see if you like it

companies who say you have to do some rewireing are talking :censor: :thumbsup:

fitting a stereo in a yaris isnt that hard. its not worth paying someone for unles your really unsure. all you have to do is take out the centre console and take the bottom piece off. you can put it in from the back. makes it well hard to pinch aswell...

thanks all for the replies, cant find anyone up here that will do it (glasgow) so I sold the sony stereo and a guy in a toyoa dealer said he's set us up with a yaris cd player cheap, not that bothered about sound tbh (gf's car so all of this is for her, and lets face it, robbie williams isnt gonna sound any better on a blaupunkt :D)

ok mate, but i still recommend getting some new Speakers. the standard ones really are *******.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links