Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris D-4d

b1ackb1rd

Well folks, I've had my d-4d a week today and it's been a mixed week ...

First impressions? It's a slug compared to my old remapped smart but it's gonna save me a heap of money in fuel bills, road tax and insurance so I'll learn to live with it.

I stuck some injector cleaner in the tank and decided to spend a tank of fuel driving the wheels off it to see what it performs like.

After a few days it became noticably more responsive and was becoming quite good fun .... and then I noticed that the rubber mats were limiting the throttle pedal by at least 50%

Rubber mats are now adjusted, and the injector cleaner has done it's stuff ... what a transformation, it's a pocket rocket now. Round town it's bl**dy brilliant at stomping off traffic islands, sharp overtaking etc and I've just had good acceleration in 5th at 80mph on the M5 up to an indicated 100mph.

I've got the feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship :D

All Yaris in 5th are brilliant. Even the 1.0 has a bit of motorway punch... granted a bit noisy at speeds, but still brilliant.

Very glad to hear that you're enjoying the car, i think i speak for us all when i say that the Yaris is a great little car... probably the best small hatch for a while.

Oh, and i advise evrybody to check their mats too, because unless you have the proper toyota fitted ones (expensive ones!) or ones that hook on properly... a lot of mats will obstruct pedal movements. Mine did before i invested in some toyota ones... which are now worn through!

Oh, and i advise evrybody to check their mats too

Defo agree with that ^ !!

Glad you're happy with the D-4D, I'm thrilled to bits with mine..! :thumbsup:

noticed that the rubber mats were limiting the throttle pedal by at least 50%

Hi Blackbird, same here on the mats.

What age is your Yaris. Not new I hope, by the way your driving it... :(

Got my New one 10 days ago, 1.4D4D, T spirit, also got a 1.3CDX gave it to the wiffee, I've got the D4d nice Black one. Really looks cool.

Making up a Strut brace next week for both cars, that'le be the only mods.

R

.... and then I noticed that the rubber mats were limiting the throttle pedal by at least 50%

I've heard that the throttle isnt 100% even if you have your pedal to the metal in the Yaris, and that you could solve this problem by bending the gas pedal a bit.

Has anyone done this and got any idea's of how to do it .. or is it just the case of getting down and bending it?

I don't know how anybody can cope with rubber mats... that squeeking when it's wet drives me maaaad! I'd rather just cough up dough for a fresh set when mine are knackerd than have that squeek and slippery-ness!!

Wahey! Another D-4D driver! There seem to be more and more of us singing its praises around here - always a good thing!

I was owrried at the start of your post about you thinking it slower thn your Smart - what model did you have? You'll be enjoying having a "proper" gearbox! I did about 1000 miles in my mate's Roadster-Coupe at the start of November and I just couldn't get the hang of it - I just ended up leaving it in auto and tried to anticipate when to lift off to smooth the changes out :rolleyes:

I've got about 2000 miles on my new D-4D and the engine is really starting to loosen up a bit now. Iwas really worried as is seemed so much slower than its predecessor.

Have a good Christmas & New Year all - I'm off to the folk's this afternoon where there's a distinct lack of useable internet access.

Cheers,

Alan :thumbsup:

I test drove a D 4 D before I got my t sport . it had all the top of the line interior feature etc and I have to say that it was definately good to drive

what colour did you get blackbird ?

good luck with it anyway !

Thanks for the comments folks.

I got a yellow/gold Doris (as my mates in the trade call it) with 25k on the clock in GLS spec, it wallows around a bit for my tastes but my mate on the Spares counter at the local dealership tells me that can be fixed using a factory spring upgrade kit.

I think it was sooted up when I had it cos it was real slow and I thought I'd made a massive mistake. You only really realise how quick you're going when you need to stop asap!!

My smart was a 698cc 2nd Generation passion with factory wide wheels, all the options, a 90hp 140Nm remap plus some air intake mods of my own which improve the gearbox responses no end. 0-60 in about 11, and top end calculated on the revcounter at 115mph. This is only half the story with smarts (I've had 4 in 5yrs) once you are rolling it's the 30-50, 50-70 acceleration that's so impressive.

With all that power in an 8ft package it's a hedge seeking missile unless you pay attention ... but I'm bored with RHD smarts, sooooo I sold it!

Now, wot's known about remapping d-4d's ?

i bought my wife a toyota yaris diesel well impressed with it does 64 avg to the gallon nice little car to drive good engine nice and quiet (for a diesel) pretty quick on acceleration not much turbo lag keeps up with other traffic ok on a motorway had a citroen axantia before this TD but this car is on a par for acc and speed bought the yaris for economy and for safety the engine must be pretty good as they are putting it into the new BMW MINI

• 2 weeks later...
I want to hopefully test drive a D4D at some point as they sound like good engines  :thumbsup:

A T-Spirit oil burner for you then Blue?

glad you like it my dad has a D4D van an loves it wants it remapped too apparently some dealers do it!

wants it remapped

Remapped? Whats that?

like a brainwash and re-teach the ECU(sometimes a all new ECU is used) what to do i.e make it faster/better on fuel

95hp 230Nm chip on sale on eBay Germany for £105 but you have to solder the chip on yourself.

PSI or Tunit boxes are around £400 and produce 90hp 200Nm but are totally untracable once removed from the car, AND you have no chance of frying the ECU soldering it into place.

I notice that new 1.4 D-4D's are quoted at 90hp, is that the same engine?

what's different just the ECU?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links